BPL Community Profile

Paul Wagner (balzaccom) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wine Country
About Me Decades of hiking and backpacking in the Sierra...and beyond. Check out our website for fun, stories, trip reports, photos and philosophy!
CityNapa
StateCA
My Website URLhttps://sites.google.com/site/backpackthesierra/home

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Wagner

Showing 101 - 110 of 365 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...37

Forum » Thread

Yosemite
Yep. Fire away. You can find us on our website: backpackthesierra.com And you may find some of your answers there, too!

In Pre-Trip Planning » Yosemite
July 10, 10:03am

spouses
WE hike together...and we've been married more than 35 years. Seems to work just fine.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Smiling through gritted teeth W/ hiking companion
July 08, 12:46pm

showers
Most of them were getting a ride into town for the evening...and showers. Sonora Pass resort? Where is that? Kennedy Meadows is still open...

In Post-Trip Reports » NOBOS: 6/30 Sonora Pass
July 06, 9:15pm

Temps
That day it was well over 100 in Modesto, and about 90 at Pinecrest Lake, (6,000 feet) But the temp at SOnora Pass waas 75 degrees. Lovely, Bear in mind that you're looking south in that ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Sonora Pass peaks
July 06, 10:03am

backpackthesierra website
HI Bill Yep. That's me! Thanks fore the kind words. And no, I don't think I'll be doing the PCT in a single year, either!

July 05, 2:54pm

BOF road
People have hiked that route in the past couple of years, and they didn't have too much trouble following it. You might find more info from some of the folks at the Yosemite News and Discu...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Old Big Oak Flat Road in Yosemite Still Usable?
July 05, 2:52pm

In time for the 4th...
My article about Thomas Jefferson and wine was published in luxurywine.com http://magazine.wineluxury.com/sf/profiler/2013/7/2/thirsty-work

In On the Web » In time for the 4th...
July 05, 9:25am

transit
There is no bus service to Sonora Pass. The closest you can get is Tuolumnne County Transit, and that only goes to Sierra Village---at least an hour short of Sonora Pass.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Suggestions for week-long PCT trip around Yosemite
July 04, 8:49am

NOBOS: 6/30 Sonora Pass
During our last hike at Sonora Pass, one thing was clear: PCT NOBOs are supposed to get to Sonora Pass by the end of June. (For those of you unfamiliar with the terminology, those people hikin...

July 04, 8:09am

Sierra camp tragedy
Many, many years ago, I worked at this camp. Sad to see it in the news today with this story. I have stood under that massive old oak tree...and led many a song in that dining hall. http://...

In On the Web » Sierra camp tragedy
July 03, 10:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner has posted no reviews.