Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Don Selesky (backslacker) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Don Selesky hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Don Selesky has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Selesky

Showing 101 - 110 of 292 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...30

Forum » Thread

Re: Sleeping bag or quilt cold weather
First, if I'm out in the winter I try to stay out of the wind by using some kind of shelter or bivy. That way strong winds don't blast the sleeping bag all night long. I will use a quil...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag or quilt cold weather
January 18, 1:26pm

Re: winter gloves system
I've had excellent luck with the lighter weight mitts from RBH Designs, with the built-in VBL, combined with either a light-weight liner (EMS or OR) or a mid-weight liner inside. Never needed...

In GEAR » winter gloves system
January 03, 2:06pm

Re: what's your favorite winter pant?
Montbell Nomad softshell pants. Comfortable all day long over long underwear.

In GEAR » what's your favorite winter pant?
December 19, 10:59am

Re: ridiculously chronic cold hands-- raynauds syndrome
Try a pair of mitts from RBH Designs. They have an integral VBL, and are amazingly warm for their weight. I'm guessing you might want the heavier version, and it comes with replacable liners ...

In GEAR » ridiculously chronic cold hands-- raynauds syndrome
December 15, 6:14am

Re: Re: Re: I miss the old BPL store...where can I get all that stuff?
"I have yet to see anything other than a really crappy change to the home page. It sure would be nice to be able to get something out of this site now days." Perhaps there will be a m...

In GEAR » I miss the old BPL store...where can I get all that stuff?
December 03, 6:21pm

Re: Marmot Lithium in Northeast winter
0F can be considered a warm night in the Presidentials in the winter. I've personally been out at -13F, and -25F to -30F is hardly uncommon. Also, *where* in the Presidentials are you talking ...

In GEAR » Marmot Lithium in Northeast winter
December 03, 9:47am

Re: skaha plus hood = separate 2oz down balaclava?
"Considering purchasing skaha plus vest or regular skaha vest and using my 2oz down balaclava. The skaha plus vest set-up would be lighter but is it as warm as the separate down balaclava?&quo...

In GEAR » skaha plus hood = separate 2oz down balaclava?
November 21, 4:42pm

Re: 10 things not to buy for backpacking
"8. A whole roll of toilet paper. A buddy, inexperienced backpacker that he is, recently showed up on an overnight with a complete, unopened roll of Charmin sticking out of his pack's side...

In GEAR » 10 things not to buy for backpacking
November 17, 3:55pm

Re: Golite Jam Pad Support
I'll go the other way and suggest trying to *add* a section of Ridgerest/Zrest pad cut to the same dimensions as the stock pad. Using both pads seemed to firm up the support in my Pinnacle pac...

In GEAR » Golite Jam Pad Support
October 21, 9:02am

Availability
Unfortunately, the GoLite online store is out of the pants and almost out of the jacket (limited color selection).

In Editor's Roundtable » GoLite Tumalo Storm Jacket & Pants Review
June 15, 6:17am

All Reader Reviews by Don Selesky

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger #3
I've had my 30F #3 bag down to 12F on a winter camping trip, wearing a mid-weight synthetic parka and pants, under a tarp and bivy combination. I was comfortable up to the 12F temps, although I w...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 04, 2:45am

Big Sky International
I ordered a tent about mid-December of last year also, and would be stunned at this point if it ever showed up. I suspect that you'll never get a refund simply because Big Sky doesn't have it - the f...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 05, 2:02pm