BPL Community Profile

Christopher Holden (back2basics) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast USA
About Me Christopher Holden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Holden

Showing 101 - 110 of 444 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...45

Forum » Thread

Re: Best Light Waterproof Shells under $250
I've been looking at rain shells online and while the Diad does have some attractive specs, I can't bring myself to wear the TNF logo/billboard. I'm still weighing other options.

In GEAR » Best Light Waterproof Shells under $2505
September 07, 8:54am

Re: daks
See that little pencil at the bottom of your post? Click it and edit to your heart's content.

In GEAR » Winter Hiking, Snow shoeing and Peak bagging Adirondacks
September 05, 10:41pm

Re: Polycryo groundsheets
Linsey, If you're looking for hardware store goodies, ask for "visqueen". It's thicker plastic, but is more durable and plentiful. It's usually in the gardening section. I th...

In Gear Swap » WTB Polycryo groundsheets - Help please
September 05, 7:34pm

Re: the campaign for real cheese
Roger, There are tinned cheeses made by Bega or Red Feather. Survivalists buy them for long term food storage lasting many years. "scryos35" on the US Ebay sells in bulk. I think he gets...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » I know it's not Tater Tuesday, but...
September 05, 4:13pm

FS: sleeping bag (MHW spectre 20* SL)
After some clarification, I'm going to pass on this one. Any other takers?

In Gear Swap » FS: sleeping bag (MHW spectre 20* SL)
September 05, 12:20pm

Re: Bivy Choice for Overnighter
The only benefits I see you may have is a bit of retained warmth (your bag is rated for 35) or the "sealed barrier from creepy-crawlies". Since it's only an overnighter and dry to lig...

In Gear Lists » Bivy Choice for Overnighter
September 05, 12:14pm

Re: Where To Get Hard-To-Find Food Wiki List!
I know some of the hard to find items can be found in the local grocery, but knowing where to look is the trick. I thought True Lemon/Orange/Lime would have been with drink mixes, not in the baking...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Where To Get Hard-To-Find Food Wiki List!
September 04, 7:19pm

Re: Bear Hunter Shoots Hiker in Washington State
"The teen, whom The Seattle Times is not naming because he is charged as a juvenile, faces up to nine months in juvenile detention if convicted." Wow.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear Hunter Shoots Hiker in Washington State
September 04, 7:02pm

Re: Okey Dokey
Rules, schmules. Look for my order in your to do list! Congrats on the release. It's disappointing to see the competition castigate rather than congratulate. Best of luck. Chris

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » One Pan Wonders - The book is now available!
September 03, 7:34pm

Re: My New Water Filter Design
Jason, Nice clip. This shows just how easy gravity can be. Kudos to Ben on the hacked Platy idea. I've got this setup minus the scoop (been using my 600ml mug) and the hang cord. Chris

In Make Your Own Gear » My New Water Filter Design
September 03, 7:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Holden

Christopher Holden has posted no reviews.