BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Turning my hobby obsession into a part time job and maybe full time job.

I will be selling children's sleeping bags soon.
Stay tuned for updates.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 101 - 110 of 1259 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...126

Forum » Thread

Re: Popular (cottage) Backpacks - Spreadsheet Details
John, You should add a cubic inch per ounce bracket. It seems to be what some people look for, more than ounce per dollar anyway. Nice sheet..

In GEAR » Popular (cottage) Backpacks - Spreadsheet Details
April 06, 10:58am

Re: Re: Argon silnylon
Just picked up 5 yards of this to make a shelter simlar to my Polycro shelter. Just making it a little longer to fit my pack in the bottom and my dogs to be able to fit with me. The Polycro onl...

In Make Your Own Gear » Argon silnylon
April 05, 2:13pm

Re: hammockforums
Oh, you want something bad to say about awesome cottage gear manufactures such as HG and EE? Shame on you. I don't own a HG quilt but have a jacket made from Argon. To say that Tim's f...

In GEAR » HG burrow or EE enigma
April 05, 12:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mount Whitney, California
I'll take your June one.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Mount Whitney, California
April 03, 6:16pm

Re: Quick view
Hi Tim, Great site. I have some more to add. The first and foremost thing I would do is simplify the main page and make it read better. If you had the info of each quilt laid out like the qui...

In Gear Deals » New Enlightened Equipment site needs scrutiny
April 03, 5:59pm

Re: Exos 48 or 58 for woman?
I tried the 58 on for the first time yesterday. I was very impressed. Most air-pad packs hit your tailbone really bad where everything comes together on the bottom of the pack. The Exos is ver...

In GEAR » Exos 48 or 58 for woman?
March 23, 12:13pm

Re: WTB: EE Enigma
I saw this and was like "OMG" this is the first Enigma I've seen for sale. And here you want on. Good luck, but then some may have bought the Wide before the extra wide came out, ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: EE Enigma
March 22, 11:33am

Re: anyone tried a polycro trailstar?
Ben, Check out George Tate's "Poor Mans Tarp" http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=88950&skip_to_post=757801#757...

In Make Your Own Gear » Polycro Tarp Tested!
March 20, 3:24pm

Re: WTB UL Tarp
You should look into a Borah Gear Tarp. Nice and light and the price is right. These tarps set up nice and taunt.

In Gear Swap » WTB UL Tarp
March 20, 12:47pm

Re: Extending my 3-season gear for snow camping
If your REI sub-kilo is roomy for you, adding a 750 fill 40 degree 14 ounce EE Enigma for less than $200 would add another 15-20 degrees of warmth to your current set-up. For my winter trips, I ...

In Winter Hiking » Extending my 3-season gear for snow camping
March 20, 12:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm