BPL Community Profile

Art Tyszka (arttyszka) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Minnesota
About Me 43, and in some of the best shape of my life after losing 50 lbs a couple years ago. I've always loved getting "out there" and backpacking is one of my preferred ways. I spend as much time as I can backpacking and car camping with my kids during the Summer. I'm an avid target shooter and enjoy kayaking with my family, ATVing and snowmobiling, and just about anything that get's me in the outdoors.
CityPlymouth
StateMN
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://www.loyalshepherd.com
My PDF Gear List3 Season Solo Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Art Tyszka

Showing 101 - 110 of 221 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...23

Forum » Thread

Price drop for all 4
Price for all 4 shipped - $100

In Gear Swap » FS: Kuhl Shorts, 36" waist
May 01, 1:25pm

Re: Experiences with the 2013 Enlightened Equipment pad attachment system?
Go for the quilt, you'll love it with or w/o the straps. I have the new and old straps and frankly usually sleep w/o either of them, even in 20F temps. I found that just cinching the neck clo...

In GEAR » Experiences with the 2013 Enlightened Equipment pad attachment system?
April 30, 7:15pm

FS: Kuhl Shorts, 36" waist
I've lost a fair amount of weight and need smaller sizes, I hate to part with these shorts, so my "loss" is your gain ;-) All 4 pair are in very good shape, the Ramblers have the usua...

In Gear Swap » FS: Kuhl Shorts, 36" waist
April 29, 8:31am

Delete this Post
Please delete this post

In Gear Swap » Kuhl Shorts, 4 Pair 34" waist
April 28, 8:59pm

Re: Re: Favorite pants?
Kuhl Renegades, but they're not "relatively inexpensive", but hands down my favorite pair of hiking pants ever.

In GEAR » Favorite pants?
April 25, 9:40am

Re: quilt coming
You'll love it, great choice.

In GEAR » Enlightened Equipment vs Jacks R Better - advice please
April 18, 5:11pm

Re: Re: EE for me
I'm a side sleeper too, so went with the 6' Wide in both quilts, the size is nice and roomy for me at 5' 11" 185 lbs. But if I remember, Tim changed his sizes a tad and the new Wi...

April 05, 1:11pm

EE for me
I can't say enough positive things about Tim's quilts. I have a RevX 20F overstuffed and a Rev 40F 10D/10D. When I first got the 40F Rev I went with standard fill, it only weighed 13.4 ou...

April 04, 7:46pm

SOLD
Sold, Dav, thanks.

In Gear Swap » FS: Montbell Tachyon Anorak, XL
March 24, 8:05pm

SPF
3 people in line at the moment, I'm gonna consider it sold pending funds.

In Gear Swap » FS: Montbell Tachyon Anorak, XL
March 24, 2:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Art Tyszka

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Enlightened Equipment Revelation X
This was my first quilt, and I couldn't be happier. I needed a new cold weather bag, so I went with the 20F 6' Wide and had the 30% over stuff. The loft on this quilt is incredible, more tha...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
May 29, 5:53pm

gossamer murmur
I would have liked to give the 2012 Murmur a 4.5 if I could have. My only criticism is that the stitching is not as well done as I would have expected. There were a few loose threads in some of the ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 09, 7:20pm

REI Revelcloud Jacket
I actually liked a lot about this jacket, but I ended up returning it to REI for one simple reason - it didn't keep me warm. The fit and quality is excellent, I especially like the breast pocke...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
December 17, 12:14pm

Montbell UL Down Inner Parka
I couldn't ask for more in a lightweight down insulating layer. The MB UL Down Inner Parka is awesome in every regard. The fit of the XL is perfect for me and leaves plenty of room for a fleec...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 17, 12:07pm

Exped SynMat UL 7
I spent a fair amount of time researching the available pads before I upgraded to an UL sleeping pad. My sleep and rest is too important to me to use a foam mat, as a side sleeper, I need more suppor...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
December 13, 9:48am