BPL Community Profile

Andrew Wilson (andreww) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Vosges
About Me A PCTr 1998, all home-sewn, I've persued outdoor pursuits lightweight since. Currently I'm riding my 1983 Raleigh super-comp through the passes of the Vosges.
CityStrasbourg
StateBas-Rhin
CountryFrance

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andrew Wilson

Showing 101 - 110 of 122 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

Running shorts, Umbrella
Running shorts: I've never paid any attention to brand or material. The lightweight shell should be synthetic the inner liner could be anything very wicking/breathable/odor resistant. The liner...

In Gear Lists » PCT gear list
January 16, 6:20am

Ditch one top.
A second on ditching a top layer. Again, even in OR/WA in June I never wore anything more than a poly dress shirt + poly long underwear top + windbreaker. And even then I only wore the long underwe...

January 13, 11:00pm

Clothes + Umbrella + sending things ahead
I think your clothes are well chosen for higher elevations like the Sierra (though a 200wt fleece equivalent may help here), or parts of the Desert Divide, and N. Washington. Its perhaps too much (...

January 13, 3:09am

Emergency gear
Since I'll be making mostly day climbs from refuges in the Alps, a lighter weight offering for emergency use is really all I need. The Marmot precip looks like a great compromise for weight/pri...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Full side zip shell pants
January 08, 2:24am

Full side zip shell pants
I'm looking for a pair of reasonably lightweight and durable shell pants to use for summer mountaineering in the Alps, along with some winter/spring ski-randoneering. I would like something tha...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Full side zip shell pants
January 04, 6:24am

Cheap Tarp Shelters
Now that I have a growing family, I'm more interested in flexible, expandable, and cheap shelters to fit ever changing needs. Having a commercial tent to meet car and wilderness camping for 1, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cheap Tarp Shelters
December 27, 1:41am

Batona ticks
I did the Batona in 2007 at the end of May. Foolishly setting out in shorts, my buddy and I flicked off 400+ (not a typo) ticks from our legs in the first three hours. That's just the big ones ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Batona Trail (NJ)
December 22, 9:58am

"Disposable" flask
Just saw this pop up on Uncrate: http://www.uncrate.com/men/home/bar/disposable-flask/ 7.5 fl oz. Could be great for various items. Probably much more durable than "disposable" conn...

In GEAR » "Disposable" flask
December 03, 2:16am

Worldstove: Beaner stove
That is, carabiner (mispelled), I think, which will be explained by visiting the website: http://worldstove.com/products/the-beaner-backpacking-stove/ Not so lightweight as is (244g), but a i...

In Make Your Own Gear » Worldstove: Beaner stove
November 02, 2:53am

Fabulous pics!
You took some great pictures here, very professional, with great color and depth of field, still shots (tripod?). I found myself wondering how could this be achieved lightweight. What was your phot...

In Editor's Roundtable » Photo Essay: A Traverse of the Bob Marshall Wilderness by Foot and Packraft
September 23, 1:53am

All Reader Reviews by Andrew Wilson

Andrew Wilson has posted no reviews.