BPL Community Profile

Don Amundson (amrowinc) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me I had been away from backpacking for many years. When I started researching equipment it was like coming too after a coma. I was amazed to discover "lightweight." I did the JMT in 2009 and have been regularly on the trail since.
CityPasadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.trailjournals.com/don

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Amundson

Showing 101 - 110 of 249 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...25

Forum » Thread

JMT in 5 days 2 hours
Congratulations Andrew. I've been trying to remember exactly where I saw you. I was heading south (at a much slower pace). We chatted briefly. Nice to hear you made it safely and apparently e...

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT in 5 days 2 hours
September 24, 2:12pm

Bear Canister requirments
The approved list is here. Yosemite http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/containers.htm SEKI http://www.nps.gov/seki/planyourvisit/upload/2013-Wilderness-Food-Storage-Guidance-FIN...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Latest bear can requirements for SEKI/Yose?
September 23, 12:20pm

North Lake/South Lake loop
Hitching is cheap and would be my choice. The later in the year the less traffic but I suspect you'll get picked up by someone. There are shuttle services if you don't want to wing it. ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » North Lake/South Lake loop
September 16, 7:06pm

Stove Restrictions
The Inyo response was on 7/5/13 The Sierra NF response was on 7/8/13 The third party Yosemite response was on 7/8/13 The dates don't mean much to me. It's the inconsistency and lack o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alcohol stoves and fire restriction in Sequia and Kings Canyon National Parks
July 14, 2:45pm

Wild Oasis
I'd have to like someone an awful lot before I'd share space in my Wild Oasis and if I liked them that much we probably wouldn't be sleeping. So to simplify the two person question answ...

In GEAR » six moon wild oasis size
July 14, 12:34am

SEKI Stove/Fire Restrictions
FWIW this is the response I received from SEKI with my original question at the end: SEKI Wilderness Office, NPS (seki_wilderness_office@nps.gov) 7/05/13 To: amrowinc@hotmail.com Picture ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alcohol stoves and fire restriction in Sequia and Kings Canyon National Parks
July 13, 10:49pm

Trail Finds
I found a hat once on the trail. It took me awhile to realize it was mine. I'd lost it the year before. I have a theory that if you look hard enough you'll find a tent stake at every cam...

In GEAR » What interesting gear have you found on the trail?
July 12, 11:47pm

JMT 14–16 day plan
MTR is your last "on trail" resupply. Depending on how efficiently you pack your food it would be possible to use a BV450 since you can hang your food using the counter balance method fro...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT 14–16 day plan
June 27, 12:53am

clean clothes post trip
Where are you ending your trip? Mailing your clothes to yourself general delivery as suggested is easy to do. If your staying in a motel pre-trip or post trip they might hold them for you. When I c...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Suggestions needed for clean clothes post trip
June 22, 12:27am

Onion Valley - Independence re-supply
There are a number of options for resupplying from Onion Valley. The priciest is to have your resupply packed in to you over Kearsarge. The packer can be met at any number of places, Kearsarge Lak...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Onion Valley - Independence re-supply
June 11, 4:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Don Amundson

Don Amundson has posted no reviews.