BPL Community Profile

Don Amundson (amrowinc) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me I had been away from backpacking for many years. When I started researching equipment it was like coming too after a coma. I was amazed to discover "lightweight." I did the JMT in 2009 and have been regularly on the trail since.
CityPasadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.trailjournals.com/don

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Amundson

Showing 101 - 110 of 237 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...24

Forum » Thread

FS Misc. Odd and Ends
Reduced prices on the last two items.

In Gear Swap » FS Misc. Odd and Ends
April 02, 8:46pm

Platy
Sold pending $ to Edward

March 30, 8:55pm

GoLight stuff sack
GoLite and two other stuff sacks sold to Mike pending $

March 30, 8:26pm

FS Misc. Odd and Ends
All prices include shipping CONUS payment Paypal gift. Two pieces of 1443R Tyvek 27x58 1.8oz 25x59 with "wings" 2.18oz for DIY projects $4. Much cheaper and it won't cover the shp...

March 30, 6:15pm

Opening a Bear Vault
"Bear Vaults can be a real pain to open on a cold morning. I think most Bear Vault owners (including myself) can attest to cursing the canister in frustration at least a few times." Th...

In GEAR » Bearikades
March 27, 1:27pm

FT Emergency Poncho
I added some stick on velcro 3/4" rounds to mine to keep it under control in mild wind. Seems to work.

In GEAR » Breathable windshirt vs Frogg Toggs poncho? & as an aside, Zpacks fanny pack
February 15, 8:38pm

Frogg Toggs Poncho
I have to agree that a poncho doesn't really work to replace a wind shirt. Regarding the Frogg Toggs poncho, there are two different ones. One is there emergency poncho that is very light weig...

In GEAR » Breathable windshirt vs Frogg Toggs poncho? & as an aside, Zpacks fanny pack
February 14, 11:44pm

SOBO Thru Hike Gear List
An admirable list. Two things caught my eye. One was that 7.75oz. for TP/Hand Sanitizer. I'm not sure how much of that is the sanitizer. I just weighed a whole roll of toilet paper for fun--6....

In Gear Lists » AT SOBO Thru Hike Gear List...take a look!
February 13, 11:07pm

Silcoat Cape
I'm losing it. You're right Edward, should have been in Gear Swap. I'll try and figure out how to move it tomorrow. SOLD

In Gear Deals » Integral Designs Silcoat Cape
January 29, 12:16am

Integral Designs Silcoat Cape
This is in great shape with no tears/rips/patches. I bought it from someone here on BPL a few years back, used it once and have since gone to a different rain protection system. It's a green on...

In Gear Deals » Integral Designs Silcoat Cape
January 28, 10:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Don Amundson

Don Amundson has posted no reviews.