Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Don Amundson (amrowinc) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me I had been away from backpacking for many years. When I started researching equipment it was like coming too after a coma. I was amazed to discover "lightweight." I did the JMT in 2009 and have been regularly on the trail since.
CityPasadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.trailjournals.com/don

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Don Amundson

Showing 101 - 110 of 252 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...26

Forum » Thread

Black Diamond Z-pole straps
I'll try one more time. Surely someone has some Z straps laying around gathering dust that they removed to save weight. I could probably just remove mine too but.....I'm not yet ready to ta...

In GEAR » Black Diamond Z-pole straps
October 02, 11:13am

Ediza
Great shots Angus. The last time I was at Ediza was before you were born. I still have fond memories of it. Hope to see you soon on a local trip in the San Gabriels--oops, sorry but we're not...

In Post-Trip Reports » A weekend with Ediza
October 01, 9:23pm

Black Diamond Z-pole straps
Does anyone have a pair of straps they've removed from their BD Z-poles? Mine are holding on by threads and the cost from BD with shipping etc. is outrageous. I'd prefer paying less than ou...

In GEAR » Black Diamond Z-pole straps
September 30, 9:57pm

JMT in 5 days 2 hours
Congratulations Andrew. I've been trying to remember exactly where I saw you. I was heading south (at a much slower pace). We chatted briefly. Nice to hear you made it safely and apparently e...

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT in 5 days 2 hours
September 24, 2:12pm

Bear Canister requirments
The approved list is here. Yosemite http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/containers.htm SEKI http://www.nps.gov/seki/planyourvisit/upload/2013-Wilderness-Food-Storage-Guidance-FIN...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Latest bear can requirements for SEKI/Yose?
September 23, 12:20pm

North Lake/South Lake loop
Hitching is cheap and would be my choice. The later in the year the less traffic but I suspect you'll get picked up by someone. There are shuttle services if you don't want to wing it. ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » North Lake/South Lake loop
September 16, 7:06pm

Stove Restrictions
The Inyo response was on 7/5/13 The Sierra NF response was on 7/8/13 The third party Yosemite response was on 7/8/13 The dates don't mean much to me. It's the inconsistency and lack o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alcohol stoves and fire restriction in Sequia and Kings Canyon National Parks
July 14, 2:45pm

Wild Oasis
I'd have to like someone an awful lot before I'd share space in my Wild Oasis and if I liked them that much we probably wouldn't be sleeping. So to simplify the two person question answ...

In GEAR » six moon wild oasis size
July 14, 12:34am

SEKI Stove/Fire Restrictions
FWIW this is the response I received from SEKI with my original question at the end: SEKI Wilderness Office, NPS (seki_wilderness_office@nps.gov) 7/05/13 To: amrowinc@hotmail.com Picture ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alcohol stoves and fire restriction in Sequia and Kings Canyon National Parks
July 13, 10:49pm

Trail Finds
I found a hat once on the trail. It took me awhile to realize it was mine. I'd lost it the year before. I have a theory that if you look hard enough you'll find a tent stake at every cam...

In GEAR » What interesting gear have you found on the trail?
July 12, 11:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Don Amundson

Don Amundson has posted no reviews.