BPL Community Profile

Ben Crocker (alexdrewreed) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Kentucky
About Me Ben Crocker has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben Crocker

Showing 101 - 110 of 969 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...97

Forum » Thread

Updated SUL Clothing 40F
At 40 in camp, I still like to have a little puffy. A vest would probably do me. But for SUL purposes, you can probably get by without the puffy. That 4 oz Borah vest would be a nice addition th...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Updated SUL Clothing 40F
January 29, 2:38pm

Grayson Highlands in January
There's nothing exotic about this trip report, but a nice reminder that it can be fun to get out anytime and anywhere.

In Post-Trip Reports » Grayson Highlands in January
January 29, 2:15pm

Updated SUL Clothing 40F
The T2 hoodie is around 6 ounces and it has a hood. Its kind of a cross between a heavy base and light fleece. It's really a nice weight.

January 29, 2:12pm

Updated SUL Clothing 40F
Part of the problem is that cold rain is so common in your area. When it's rainy, the highs and lows are often about the same. Forty degree rain is pretty challenging. So 40 degrees and rain...

January 29, 1:56pm

Tent site in the Florida Keys in April?? Help!
I've camped at Pennecamp on Largo but it was a long time ago. I think Big Pine Key has better spots.

In Other Activities » Tent site in the Florida Keys in April?? Help!
January 29, 1:02pm

Updated SUL Clothing 40F
I think the Borah vest will do the trick. You have enough insulation and warmth for walking. The extra is just for warmth in camp. If you screwed up bad enough you can just use your bag. If your do...

January 29, 12:48pm

I'm sure the place is beautiful in summer and fall. But the frosted trees on a bright blue day was pretty nice, too.

January 29, 11:38am

Let me first say, my winter backpacking is pretty limited. I live in the southeast, and there's really just not a winter culture like you have in a lot of northern and mountainous areas. But ...

January 29, 8:16am

Has anyone sewn Reflectix?
No. Just tape it. It takes tape fine.

In Make Your Own Gear » Has anyone sewn Reflectix?
January 21, 11:33am

Stunning
Love seeing Greenland

In Post-Trip Reports » Part 3 Greenland trip Willem Vandoorne (getting better and better)
January 17, 2:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Ben Crocker

Ben Crocker has posted no reviews.