BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 101 - 110 of 1532 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...154

Forum » Thread

re: Sleep aids
How about 1-2 over-the-counter Benedryl (diphenhydramide HCL 25 mg)? Antihistamines make most people a bit drowsy. On my first couple of nights in griz country, I tend to not sleep very well. I fin...

In GEAR » Sleep aids
February 07, 10:50am

Re: Your coldest night camping?
Funny, but I was just thinking about that as I ran errands today in temperatures hovering just above 0* F here in Boulder. A long time ago, after a big fight with my girl friend, I decided that ...

In Winter Hiking » Your coldest night camping?
February 06, 6:18pm

Interred?
Interred--that's what vegemite is for, mate. Blimy--what to do with the downunderfolk? Sheila, go tell Roger how to act.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » best brand of couscous for cold water rehydration
February 05, 11:01pm

Backflush with distilled water
Zoro,I am on well water here at home, and there are lots of minerals in it. So when I do my post-trip backflushing, I use distilled water and vinegar. I don't want to add any more minerals to m...

In GEAR » Sawyer Mini Backflushing
February 04, 7:12am

re: mineral deposits
Yes. Sawyer recommends doing vinegar back-flushes if you have mineral water deposits.

In GEAR » Sawyer Mini Backflushing
February 03, 11:10pm

re: Anyone else seeing ads...
Nope. I suspect you are paying for your recent sins, Doug. The BPL adblock thing knows all about you and those brownies while you were at Coe.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Anyone else seeing ads...
February 03, 5:21pm

February price drop on the beefed-up grill--$50
OK, I lied about it not mattering who won the Super Bowl. My Denver Donkeys were humiliated, and it took me back to the '80s when Elway was repeatedly blasted by the NFC. I'm grumpy today. ...

In Gear Deals » Beefing up a Zia grill
February 03, 12:00pm

Re: Beefing up a Zia grill
Update. There wasn't any interest when I asked for beta testers of this concept. The reason I needed some help is that the September flooding in the Boulder, CO area shut down all 5 of my acces...

In Gear Deals » Beefing up a Zia grill
February 02, 2:09pm

Fun photos, Kat
"I think it's a female and she peed" So then the cat peed cat pee, Kat P? I hope that the mods don't delete this thread, as I am enjoying what you are sharing. But I do und...

In Photography » Got my mountain lion pictures!!! I did it!!
February 02, 9:38am

So BPL foiled Amazon?
Tony, you are a great guy. I think we beat the big box store this time, sort of. You gotta love BPL, and the folks that make it a good place to hang out with online.

In Gear Swap » Sawyer mini filters for sale--$20 shipped
January 31, 9:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm