Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 101 - 110 of 1845 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...185

Forum » Thread

re: groceries on new REI Mastercard
Yeah, Mike, 2% on groceries through March of 2016. I'm not sure that will quite compensate me for the hassle of contacting my autopay accounts to let them know that I will have a new card. I ha...

In GEAR » REI Dividend and 20 % off sale ?
March 11, 9:10pm

Pasta Primavera rocks
I really like the MH pasta Primavera as a base for tasty meals--add FD chicken or beef (or fresh trout?) and peas or green beans, + olive oil, + garlic powder or some other favorite spice). Als...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Long term dehydration prep for a PCT thruhike
March 11, 8:49pm

Re: Long term dehydration prep
Are you just guessing at the price difference between bulk and small packs, Jerry? I just paid $16.50 for 16 oz. of garden green peas in the MH #10 tin. That comes out to $1.03/ounce. Even on sale ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Long term dehydration prep for a PCT thruhike
March 11, 4:20pm

Re: Long term dehydration prep
I respectively somewhat disagree with the Queen of Cuisine here--for me, proper storage at home involves portioning out individual servings, and then vacuum sealing them and storing everything in m...

March 11, 12:59pm

Re: Mountain House sale is on now--at TheEpicenter.com
My bad, Anthony--the discounted Mountain House #10 tins sale is at TheEpicenter.com, not at Mountain House itself.

March 11, 7:32am

re: Zia Titanium Pot Stands
We're good, David, as soon as I get your mailing address. Tomorrow the weather will finally be warm on the patio, and I get to make a pot stand. Woo-hoo!

In Gear Swap » Zia titanium pot supports for sale
March 06, 6:07pm

Re: Gearbest
I ordered mine on Feb. 26, and the tracking status just says "Shipped."

In Editor's Roundtable » BRS-3000T stove Spotlite Review
March 06, 11:55am

re: Zia Titanium Pot Stands
Yes, David, I am still making custom pot stands. Feel free to contact me for further information.

In Gear Swap » Zia titanium pot supports for sale
March 05, 10:43pm

Re: patenting your designs
I looked into the patent process 5 years ago when I began selling the Zia grills I make. The cost of the process was beyond what I could rationalize for such a low volume product. What I learned w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Creative Commons and gear design.
March 05, 10:22am

Mountain House sale is on now!
Just a heads up--Mountain House is having their annual sale right now, from March 1-15. Now is the time to stock up on the #10 tins of FD ingredients, if you are so inclined. I just now placed an o...

March 03, 7:49am

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm