BPL Community Profile

Will Webster (WillWeb) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Will Webster hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Will Webster has not added a biography yet.
StatePennsylvania

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Will Webster

Showing 101 - 110 of 375 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Gear inspection needed
"To me it is all about personal responsibility and accountability, or a Darwin Award. Take your pick :)" That makes a lot of sense, right up until SAR volunteers have to leave their fa...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » US students survive 9 days in New Zealand bush
June 14, 5:33am

Snake phobia
When you think about it, irrational fear of snakes makes sense from an evolutionary standpoint. Our ancestors who jumped away at the first sight of a snake had a marginally better chance of becomi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Snakes
June 12, 6:22am

Fire
TSA says matches and lighters are allowed in carry-on but not checked luggage. I don't think firestarters are allowed at all, but if you carry the Vaseline and cotton balls separately they'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » fire kit in checked bag
June 05, 4:31pm

Works except when it doesn't
My wife and I have been using the Spot 2 for over a year now, since reading the very positive review here. We don't use the tracking feature, just use it to send OK messages a couple times a da...

In GEAR » Any new SPOT input/reviews?
June 01, 11:51am

Heavy loads
Agree on trail crews. I use an ancient external frame pack to carry my chainsaw up the hill for trail maintenance.

In GEAR » Old external frame packs. What do you do with them?
April 12, 9:11pm

Re: Safest Fuel for Alcohol Stove??
Everclear. 2nd choice: Kleenstrip Green (not the regular) Isopropyl is the worst.

In GEAR » Safest Fuel for Alcohol Stove??
April 05, 8:12pm

Size matters
To my mind, sensor size counts more than megapixel count in determining enlargability. I have a big (20 x 30?) print on my wall that came from a 6-MP camera; it looks great. Of course, it was an AP...

In Photography » Specific budget camera question.
April 05, 3:24pm

Review site
Dpreview.com is a good source of information on cameras, from mass-market p&s to pro DSLR. As Bob mentioned, the Canon S95 and its successor the S100 are aimed at serious photographers who ...

In Photography » Specific budget camera question.
April 05, 2:32pm

Re: Re: Technical Fabrics
This would be an excellent project for an MYOG'er or cottage industry manufacturer who has scraps of these projects.

In GEAR » ticks in your gear while you're in the bug bivy?
April 03, 3:43pm

Humph
I've got a bunch of old BPA Nalgenes; never occurred to me to ask the mfr to replace them. I got good use out of them; now I have a couple of the new style for canoe outings but I've moved ...

In GEAR » You stink, Nalgene!
April 01, 4:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Will Webster

Will Webster has posted no reviews.