BPL Community Profile

Will Webster (WillWeb) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Will Webster hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Will Webster has not added a biography yet.
StatePennsylvania

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Will Webster

Showing 101 - 110 of 382 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...39

Forum » Thread

Re: Oximeter
"Lots of old or sick people with decreased pulmonary function use them to let them know when they need to breathe oxygen." A coworker told me about his father with emphysema who used i...

In GEAR » hypoxia meter
July 19, 11:08am

Re: Re: Re: Re: One Lens for 5D II for JMT, 17-40 or 24-105
I think you need to take a hard look at the photos you've taken under similar circumstances to see what works for your style of shooting. The first time I hiked in the Grand Canyon I carri...

In Photography » One Lens for 5D II for JMT, 17-40 or 24-105
July 19, 10:31am

Nikwax, Baladeo, Granite Gear at the Clymb
OK; I'm as tired as everybody else of the Clymb spam, but these don't seem to have been posted and might be of interest: - Baladeo 34g knife - Granite Gear Northern Lite tarp - a good ...

In Gear Deals » Nikwax, Baladeo, Granite Gear at the Clymb
July 06, 10:37am

Re: Olympus TG1
> (F2 lets 4x more light in than F4 , most compacts of this kind have a max aperture of 3.3 to 3.9) Correct. > F2 means that half of the available light hits the sensor, at F4 it is a ...

In Photography » Olympus TG1
July 06, 10:30am

Waterproof
I bought a Panasonic TS3 recently, for a week-long outing where I felt that I needed waterproof and dustproof. I got some decent shots, but it took a lot of exposure bracketing to compensate for t...

In Photography » Point and shoot for backpacking - waterproof?
June 22, 12:26pm

Columbia
I like my Columbia Omni-shade. They're a pretty well-distributed brand so you should be able to find it in the big boxes - if not WMart look for a Dick's or Bass Pro.

In GEAR » Sun hat
June 19, 7:59pm

Re: Re: Scrambling causes dirty hands, how do you wash clean when conserving water is utmost?
"I can now start understanding why no other animal wipes their ass....it's the surefire way of getting sick." Ever watch a cat clean itself? Not that I'm recommending that m...

In GEAR » scrambling causes dirty hands, how do you wash clean when conserving water is utmost?
June 17, 8:07am

Re: Re: Gear inspection needed
"To me it is all about personal responsibility and accountability, or a Darwin Award. Take your pick :)" That makes a lot of sense, right up until SAR volunteers have to leave their fa...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » US students survive 9 days in New Zealand bush
June 14, 5:33am

Snake phobia
When you think about it, irrational fear of snakes makes sense from an evolutionary standpoint. Our ancestors who jumped away at the first sight of a snake had a marginally better chance of becomi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Snakes
June 12, 6:22am

Fire
TSA says matches and lighters are allowed in carry-on but not checked luggage. I don't think firestarters are allowed at all, but if you carry the Vaseline and cotton balls separately they'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » fire kit in checked bag
June 05, 4:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Will Webster

Will Webster has posted no reviews.