Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 101 - 110 of 1318 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...132

Forum » Thread

Re: New Cubic Tech Waterproof Breathable Laminate
CT is persistent, I will give them that. Seems like they put out a new WPB membrane every year and there is always improvements in one area or another. With that said, like other WPB manufacturer...

In GEAR » New Cubic Tech Waterproof Breathable Laminate
January 30, 11:07am

Re: Cuben winter shelter for Smoky Mountains?
Many shelters will be able to take the winds up there thanks to all the trees providing a wind break. Wet, heavy snow loads are what you will probably have to deal with the most. As mentioned above...

In GEAR » Cuben winter shelter for Smoky Mountains?
January 30, 7:00am

Re: BearPaw WD quality
I bought a 2P nest from BPWD a couple years ago and the quality was fine at the time. It was cheap and functioned well. I would buy from them again, but the seams above would definitely give me pau...

In GEAR » Bear Paw Wilderness Designs
January 29, 5:04pm

Re: PCT and Terminal Cancer
I was doing fine, but for some reason this part got me. "When the flowers in the garden know tomorrow is their turn to be plucked, the lesson goes, Do they feel sadness? Do their faces droo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT and Terminal Cancer
January 27, 11:08am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Zpacks Challenger Rain Jacket
Mark, Generally, Neoshell and 3L eVent will have more breathability than the Challenger rain jacket. Will you be able to tell that while hiking? Probably not, but every bit helps in my book. You...

In GEAR » Zpacks Challenger Rain Jacket
January 26, 5:51pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Zpacks Challenger Rain Jacket
Those figures sound about right. Ryan

January 26, 4:13pm

Re: Zpacks Challenger Rain Jacket
From memory- The Challenger fabric breathes a bit better than the 2013 stuff. Still not really close to eVent or Neoshell though. I think Richard N. has a post here about it. Ryan

January 26, 10:51am

Re: Re: not really LIGHT use, per se...
I'm a gadget guy, and would love to find a good solar charger that was light and worked well. Is there anything better than the Suntastics5 out there right now(excluding diy stuff)? That one se...

In GEAR » Best Portable Charger
January 26, 10:39am

Re: Re: Re: To Hoodlum or not to Hoodlum?
At 20F, I would normally be OK with the buff and fleece hat you already mentioned. YMMV Ryan

In GEAR » To Hoodlum or not to Hoodlum?
January 26, 10:23am

Re: My MYOG adventure
Great stuff Niek. Well done. Ryan

In Make Your Own Gear » My MYOG adventure
January 24, 3:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm