Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 101 - 110 of 1295 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...130

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: agglomerated maltodextrin source
Bill, Check out CytoCarb 2. I bought some today based on some research and it appears to be agglomerated. Two pounds was $13 at my local vitamin shop. Ryan

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » agglomerated maltodextrin source
January 10, 11:30am

Re: Re: EE Revelation Elite vs Katabatic Palisade
Allied also. Ryan

In Gear Deals » Katabatic Gear New Years Sale.
January 09, 11:22am

Re: Fair?
"I think the additional design/labor of the Alsek would justify the increased cost." I have the exact same line of thinking, but if that was true a sleeping bag would always be more ex...

January 09, 10:29am

Re: Ryan..the Fusions were not drsigned for " Ultalight"backpacking...
Yeah, I know. Ryan

In GEAR » Experience with SMD Fusion 65?
January 08, 8:41pm

Re: Re: How many ponchos to make a quilt top?
+1 to Paul's post. I think Dave used to also make a propore emergency bivy that didn't have a closure like a normal bivy, just a drawstring or something similar. That may work for you too. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » How many ponchos to make a quilt top?
January 08, 11:45am

Re: Re: Makes sense..
"Packs color choices were not picked out for American consumers. " No joke? So an American UL gear manufacturer designs a product that's not for American UL'ers. Puzzling. I wo...

In GEAR » Experience with SMD Fusion 65?
January 08, 11:36am

Re: Re: Katabatic Gear New Years Sale.
Thanks for posting Andrew. I appreciate the input. I've been considering picking up a Katabatic quilt through Gear Swap if the price was right, and you've helped solidify that. Couple thoug...

January 07, 10:27pm

Re: Re: Katabatic Gear New Years Sale.
"If anything, Katabatic stuff is higher quality than WM at a comparable price" Can you quantify what would make Katabatic higher quality? I've never had one of their quilts so I...

January 07, 7:29pm

Re: Underquilt Protector
M55 from ThruHiker. Very high wind resistance and DWR. I never needed silnylon for spray personally. YMMV. Ryan

In Make Your Own Gear » Underquilt Protector
January 07, 7:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: new site
"If you see something which you think is not appropriate - use the Report button. I don't guarantee to solve every problem - many of them I simply cannot do anything about, but I will try ...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2014 Staff Picks
January 05, 4:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm