Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Smith (ViolentGreen) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southeast
About Me Ryan Smith has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Smith

Showing 101 - 110 of 1445 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...145

Forum » Thread

Scott Jurek attempting the supported AT record
www.facebook.com/ScottJurek I really enjoy following these speed hike attempts, especially when it's someone with a resume' like Scott Jurek. He's attempting a north bound hike which...

In Chaff » Scott Jurek attempting the supported AT record
May 27, 8:17pm

Re: packed size of silnylon versus cuben
Not actually measured it, but cuben probably takes up 50% more space. For me, part of that is because I don't stuff the daylights out of my cuben gear whereas I will smash my Sil stuff as tight...

In GEAR » packed size of silnylon versus cuben
May 27, 7:24pm

Re: Re: Cant wait for new gear!
Ordered a new pack and 30F sleeping bag for the wife. Should arrive any day! Ryan

In GEAR » Cant wait for new gear!
May 27, 7:23pm

Re: Aluminized cuben fiber
It bonds in the same manner as standard cuben fiber. Ryan

In Make Your Own Gear » Aluminized cuben fiber
May 26, 11:10am

Re: Looking for a pack for the wife.
The Granite Gear VC 60 Ki comes to mind. It's lightweight at 2lbs and has a nicely padded suspension. The Exped Lightning 45 is also a nice comfortable pack, but doesn't have the mesh pocke...

In GEAR » Looking for a pack for the wife.
May 26, 6:53am

Re: Thanks!
Mike, Don't take offense to any of this. The Gear Deals forum is a giant $#!T show and always has been. Best of luck. Ryan

In Gear Deals » #Moonlight tent ...
May 24, 12:29pm

Re: Re: Re: BRS-3000T stove
That's really cool, Stephen. Ryan

In Editor's Roundtable » BRS-3000T stove Spotlite Review
May 22, 10:52am

Re: "ULA Cuben Circuit and Catalyst on Massdrop"
"My only question is, is it a wise trade-off? The cuben Catalyst looks to be only about 2 ounces lighter, and I wonder how much less resistant to snagging and especially abrasion?" Ric...

In Gear Deals » ULA Cuben Circuit and Catalyst on Massdrop
May 20, 11:07am

Re: It's 3000K
Neat gadget. May not find another outdoor light in that range. Most manufacturers opt for led's higher in the Kelvin scale since those look brighter to the eye at the same amperage. Ryan

In GEAR » Rpal - fantastic and tiny 300lum LED
May 19, 5:44pm

Re: Re: Re: ULA Cuben Circuit and Catalyst on Massdrop
That's a steal for those packs. Think I paid $325 for my Cuben Circuit a year ago. Ryan

In Gear Deals » ULA Cuben Circuit and Catalyst on Massdrop
May 19, 10:15am

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Ohm
I've had an Ohm for about a year now and have taken it on a few trips. It's very comfortable provided that you keep it in the weight range it's designed for. When carrying 20-25 lbs it car...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 10, 5:36pm