BPL Community Profile

Tony Wong (Valshar) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Tony Wong has not added a biography yet.
CityEast Bay
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Wong

Showing 101 - 110 of 1460 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...146

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: whatcha bringing
Ken, I will make sure that I get some more...if their are extras, we can use them next year. As for kids....at least there are going to be some. Looking forward to showing the family the f...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » GGG Whatcha Bringing?
January 08, 8:25pm

Re: whatcha bringing
Ken, Is someone trying to do a movie projector and screen to the GGG? If so, I have a Blu-ray copy of Mile....Mile & a Half, which is JMT documentary that just came out covering a group&#...

January 08, 3:54pm

Re: Exploring the Canyon of the Little Colorado
Matt, Thanks for sharing your trip and putting up the great photos. Really amazing to see canyons like that and terrain that is so different to what I am used to in the Sierras. Would be a...

In Post-Trip Reports » Exploring the Canyon of the Little Colorado
January 08, 10:58am

Re: tenkara gear, myog & newbie apprehension
Ryan, Thanks for posting and I am sorry that you have a sense that "free-loaders and lurkers" are frowned upon. I assure you, that is not the case at the GGG...and to a greater hope...

January 06, 1:15pm

Re: Ken's Advice for Organizing Your Own Gathering of Gear Geeks
Justin, You are welcome....last year I was supposed to write up an article on the GGG and include these tips, but have been shamefully lazy, so posting up these notes helps with my guilt. :) ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Ken's Advice for Organizing Your Own Gathering of Gear Geeks
January 02, 12:48pm

Re: Ultralight Backpacking Thesis help
Sarah, I would be happy to give you my thoughts. Just PM me and I can provide you with a phone number you can reach me at. Also...you might want to reach out to John Abela from http://hike...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight Backpacking Thesis help
January 02, 12:55am

Ken's Advice for Organizing Your Own Gathering of Gear Geeks
There has been some talk on the forums about people in other parts of the country who wish they could organize their own G.G.G's, since coming out to California would not be possible. Last y...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Ken's Advice for Organizing Your Own Gathering of Gear Geeks
January 02, 12:50am

Re: GGG Franchise
Justin, I am sure that if you organize an East Coast GGG of your own, it would build up to something like we have over hear. The 1st one was only attended by about 15-17 people and it slowly ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
January 02, 12:33am

Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. vacancies
Ken, Do you need any help with funds for paying for the 2nd spot??? Tony

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
December 31, 10:15am

Re: JMT/Yosemite Section Trip 2014. Help?
Mark, Here is a link to a photo essay that I did a few years back for a 50 mile trip that is a loop in Yosemite. Takes you from Glacier Point, which you can reach via free bus from the valley...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT/Yosemite Section Trip 2014. Help?
December 27, 5:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Tony Wong

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Platypus Hoser 1.8 Liter Reservoir
For those of us who enjoy the convenience of of having a sip of water on demand, this is an easy way to save some weight with few negatives. The only negatives for me is the bite valve that comes w...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
June 29, 6:09pm

Marmot Helium (long)
I have the 2007 Model of the Marmot Helium EQ, which differs from the regular Helium in two ways. It has a full length zipper and the shell is waterproof. Weight is listed as 2 lbs 2 oz vs. 1 lb...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 5:29pm

Sunday Afternoon Adventure hat
How can I count the ways that I love this hat? I have been using this hat for 7 years from completely re-landscaping my yard for 2.5 yrs as well as for backpacking trips. I love that it provides...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
June 29, 5:12pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip (eVent Top)
Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip with eVent top, Silnylon 2.0 bottom, built in hoop wire, regular size, but in the wide option, which allows for a sleeping pad thicker than 1". Weig...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
June 01, 10:39pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
Pros: Light Weight, Field Cleanable by backwashing, No Chemicals, No Pumping Cons: Setup time longer than traditional filter. Speed of filtration can vary based on conditions. Like traditional filt...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 07, 11:20pm