Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tony Wong (Valshar) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Tony Wong has not added a biography yet.
CityEast Bay
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Wong

Showing 101 - 110 of 1485 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...149

Forum » Thread

Re: Sawyer Mini Backflushing- tubing between the filter and syringe
Dale, Thanks for putting up the pictures of your syringe setup. Looks better than what Sawyer provides. Can you give us the link to the site where you ordered your syringe? Amazon.com? ...

In GEAR » Sawyer Mini Backflushing
February 13, 2:26pm

Good to Cover the Basics...not everyone is experienced backpacker
Yes, this is "old" information, but I think that BPL should update older articles that covers the basics like this and to frequently recycle them for the benefit of new BPL members or nov...

In Editor's Roundtable » Vaseline-soaked Cotton Balls
February 12, 1:10pm

6th Annual G.G.G. Photo Essay Complete
2014 Gathering of Gear Geeks: GGG

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
February 12, 1:13am

2014 Gathering of Gear Geeks: GGG Lots of PIctures of UL Gear

In GEAR » 2014 Gathering of Gear Geeks: GGG Lots of PIctures of UL Gear
February 12, 1:12am

2014 Gathering of Gear Geeks : GGG

In Post-Trip Reports » 2014 Gathering of Gear Geeks : GGG
February 12, 1:11am

Re: Sawyer Mini Backflushing- tubing between the filter and syringe
@ Dale Thanks for the suggestion...stretching out the supplied tubing sounds like a good idea. Will see if I have something like a cone to insert in the tube to do it. @Jerry I am not sure, as I...

February 04, 2:11pm

Re: That much food in a canister?!
Humm, I like your idea. I think I would use a oven bag as a light weight liner for the canister adn then fill it up with peanut butter. +1 on the granola, which is my breakfast of choice. I g...

In GEAR » 4th Most Popular Size for Bearikade Food Canister
February 04, 11:20am

Sawyer Mini Backflushing- tubing between the filter and syringe
Finally got a mini to replace my 1st generation "black" sawyer inline filter. Anyone know of what size tubing to use that would connect the syringe to the filter? Looks like if I ju...

February 04, 11:07am

Re: Dog and owner
@ Doug Thanks for the information on Denise and Zara (Spelling???). I made the corrections...more photos to come this week in the evening after I get home. @ DK Missed seeing you at the...

In Photo Gallery » 6th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2014: Henry Coe State Park, California
February 04, 10:53am

That much food in a canister?!
Billy, Holy cow....what are you eating? For me to do that I would need to a crack based diet because I cannot imagine fitting all those days of food in those smaller canisters. Then again,...

In GEAR » 4th Most Popular Size for Bearikade Food Canister
February 03, 9:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Tony Wong

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Platypus Hoser 1.8 Liter Reservoir
For those of us who enjoy the convenience of of having a sip of water on demand, this is an easy way to save some weight with few negatives. The only negatives for me is the bite valve that comes w...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
June 29, 6:09pm

Marmot Helium (long)
I have the 2007 Model of the Marmot Helium EQ, which differs from the regular Helium in two ways. It has a full length zipper and the shell is waterproof. Weight is listed as 2 lbs 2 oz vs. 1 lb...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 5:29pm

Sunday Afternoon Adventure hat
How can I count the ways that I love this hat? I have been using this hat for 7 years from completely re-landscaping my yard for 2.5 yrs as well as for backpacking trips. I love that it provides...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
June 29, 5:12pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip (eVent Top)
Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip with eVent top, Silnylon 2.0 bottom, built in hoop wire, regular size, but in the wide option, which allows for a sleeping pad thicker than 1". Weig...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
June 01, 10:39pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
Pros: Light Weight, Field Cleanable by backwashing, No Chemicals, No Pumping Cons: Setup time longer than traditional filter. Speed of filtration can vary based on conditions. Like traditional filt...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 07, 11:20pm