Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steven Adeff (TinCanFury) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Boston
About Me Steven Adeff has not added a biography yet.
CityBoston
StateMA
My PDF Gear ListMy Overall Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Adeff

Showing 101 - 110 of 542 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...55

Forum » Thread

Re: ghetto gear
What Rodger suggests. Me likes. I wonder if the larger corn bags would fit over an entire pad? they are a heavier plastic though...

In GEAR » How do you keep your foam sleeping pad dry?
August 07, 4:07pm

Re: Horizontal Rain
yes, but mounted horizontally I believe the edge absorption would be minimal, especially with movement where the drops would shake off where mounted vertically they would have more time to penetrat...

August 07, 4:04pm

Re: Hrmm
Bryce's pad was PEF as far as I can tell. I had a CCF pad, which I had strapped to the back of my pack vertically after being rolled. The CCF pad, from all indications, looked to have absorb...

August 07, 3:47pm

Re: No dice
zing-it it is light and more than strong enough for a tarp, you may even be able to find another line that is lighter and strong enough. add in a couple Dutch hooks of your choice and you have a q...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL in a hammock... Lil' help?
August 02, 4:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Guyline for Tarp Ridgeline...
more or less yes. you could go with a ridgeline whoopie that you can easily adjust in the hammock so that with your body weight it is taught.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL in a hammock... Lil' help?
August 02, 2:38pm

Re: Guyline for Tarp Ridgeline...
the tree straps are not "tight" on the tree, so you will not have as taught a tarp line as you may desire. this is where Dutch's various clips come in handy.

August 02, 2:32pm

bringing a larger tent...
perhaps I'll bring my three person tent just in case Bryce finds himself in a half broken hammock with a tree on top of him...

July 31, 3:57pm

Re: Meeting Location
?

In Pre-Trip Planning » Doing some Presidentials in NH (Aug. 3 - 6), ~25mi, wanna go?
July 30, 9:54am

Re: Legal?
there is no law against it. it's just frowned upon. http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5363715.pdf it's been that way for more than 3 years. that said, they may be...

In GEAR » Hiking in the Whites, 1st wknd in August, need above treeline advice.
July 20, 12:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Camping
have fun on the LT and say hi to Ryan for us! are you doing the whole thing in one shot? I'd love to be able to take that time off work, but would rather spend two straight weeks in Europe. ...

In GEAR » Hiking in the Whites, 1st wknd in August, need above treeline advice.
July 20, 11:55am

All Reader Reviews by Steven Adeff

Steven Adeff has posted no reviews.