Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tommy Clapp (TCXJWAGONEER) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale GSM Area
About Me Tommy Clapp has not added a biography yet.
CityJefferson City
StateTN
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tommy Clapp

Showing 101 - 110 of 175 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Summer
This summer I carried no rain gear because of the drought we are in. but now fall is here I have some need for it. I really don't worry about summer rain too much. as long as my pack stays d...

In GEAR » Rain Gear games
November 15, 6:37am

Useful info
that is pretty useful info. I have been backpacking for about 15 years but have only gone UL in the past year and a half or so. I like the breakdown you have and will start trying stuff out on a ...

November 14, 2:23pm

Questions sent
PM and email sent

In Gear Swap » Dual Flight Tarp
November 14, 6:47am

Jam 2
My wife and I both carry Jam 2's and love them. durable and light. I don't have experience with a Mariposa, but I wouldn't trade my Jam2 for anything right now. Tommy

In GEAR » Jam2 or Mariposa
November 13, 9:03pm

Re: over quilt/bag
I use to use 2 Slumberjack Saguaro bags for winter and 1 for summer. it is a 45deg bag but it is heavy for winter. both together weighted 56oz. I used it down to 12deg last winter in a tent and w...

In GEAR » Layering Sleeping Bags?
November 13, 1:36pm

East TN
East TN. about 1 hour from the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. We have been very dry this year, but it is usually very Humid and rainy for the fall and spring. Tommy

November 13, 10:53am

Rain Gear games
I am looking at all options for my rain gear. I have a UL umbrella, TNF Diad and Water proof pants. and a golite Poncho tarp. Which setup is best? Winter and summer? I like the poncho, ...

November 13, 9:23am

Any Tarps left?
Do you have any of these left? Tommy

In Gear Swap » one more gray SOLO TARP
November 13, 6:32am

Heet
In the US Heet is your best price to cooktime. You can use everclear which will work better than heet, but cost you lots in the process. Heet is easily available, cheap and in the US probably o...

In GEAR » Best fuels for alcohol stoves
November 12, 2:06pm

Heet
Heet runs 1.02 @12oz here in TN so it is cheaper for me. I have only used denatured a few times and it was sootie for me so I stick with what works. I have started to blend heet and 70%iso to get...

In GEAR » Best fuels for alcohol stoves
November 12, 1:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Tommy Clapp

Tommy Clapp has posted no reviews.