BPL Community Profile

steven franchuk (Surf) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale steven franchuk hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me steven franchuk has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by steven franchuk

Showing 101 - 110 of 385 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...39

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Sawyer Squeeze "grafity filter" bag recommendations
"I just had my third Nalgene Cantene failure this past weekend. The first two I used for some time before they sprung leaks. The last one didn't really get that much use. The plastic seeme...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze "grafity filter" bag recommendations
July 27, 10:07pm

Re: Sawyer Squeeze - Weight Gain...
I don't have the squeeze, I have the older in line filter. which weighs just under 4 oz wet. The syringe wasn't included in my kit but I did buy one (60ml, which I believe is larger than ...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze - Weight Gain...
July 27, 4:43pm

Re: RE: Unusual (and expensive) item that you consider worth it
My Personal Locator Beacon. the only people I have found that know about these are on this site.

In GEAR » Unusual (and expensive) item that you consider worth it
July 26, 10:01am

Re: Re: Need a PLB - REsQLink+406, FastFind 220 ????
Rex, I wasn't aware of the + version. Is the only differece the weight and the fact + is boyaont?

In GEAR » Need a PLB - REsQLink+406, FastFind 220 ????
July 21, 11:13am

Re: Need a PLB - REsQLink+406, FastFind 220 ????
Those are the lightest ones that I know of. The ResQLink has been on the market for at least a couple of years. The Fastfind is new. Most of the weight in these units is in the batteries. The b...

In GEAR » Need a PLB - REsQLink+406, FastFind 220 ????
July 21, 10:58am

Re: Nalgene Cantene gravity bag
I should have noted the thin wall tubing I have is being used on and inline filter setup. I am running the thin wall tubing from the filter to the bite valve. I am using 4 inches of regular tubi...

July 18, 8:28pm

consider the Nalgene Cantene
You might want to look at the Nalgene Cantene They have a 96 fluid oz version that weighs 2.25 oz according to the REI web site. Replace the nalgene lid with with the Dromlite lid (same weight) ...

July 18, 12:34am

Re: Sawyer MINI Filter
The Sawyuer squeeze weighs 3 onces with the bags. If you assume 1 oz for the bags the new filter is about the same weight as the old one. Also note the weight listed is probably the dry weight. ...

In GEAR » Sawyer MINI Filter
July 16, 1:37pm

Re: Where to carry a Plb
I normally carry my Plb in my pack, but should I have it in my pockets or around my neck? When I hiking it is strapped to my hip belt or sholder strap. When I am not hiking it attached to th...

In GEAR » Personal Locator Beacons...
July 16, 10:11am

Re: Dehydrated ground beef will last how long?
I don't know how long it will last but I do know someone that tried it. The problem he had with it is that it is not easy to rehydrate it. The Fat acts like a waterproofing material. Water h...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dehydrated ground beef will last how long?
July 14, 11:13am

All Reader Reviews by steven franchuk

steven franchuk has posted no reviews.