BPL Community Profile

Summit CO (Summit) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale 9300ft
About Me Summit CO has not added a biography yet.
StateColorado

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Summit CO

Showing 101 - 110 of 144 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Samsung FM & USB
The Samsung also functions as a normal USB flash drive and has an integrated FM receiver.

In GEAR » MP3 players?
July 07, 12:11am

AA player
I have a Samsung YP-MT6Z 1GB player because it is small, runs on 1 AA battery, and has a life of 40-45 hours on one battery. With a lithium, it weighs nothing and lasts 50-60hrs. I love it. It work...

In GEAR » MP3 players?
July 06, 9:10pm

Canon P&S takes filters
Most Canon digital poitn and shoots from the A series have removable rings that you can mount a barrel that accepts a filter on. S series do not...

In Editor's Roundtable » Camera Selection Basics for the Lightweight Backpacker
July 05, 10:52pm

First Aid Sites
Eric - Nice find there with that link! Thank you! To think, all the times I put tegaderm on my IV start sites I never really thought about it. That podcast is definately going to have me looking in...

In Gear Lists » 1lb Survival/First Aid kit for scrutiny
July 05, 2:34am

UL Camera Comments
The selection of compact film P&S cameras is dwindling to near nothingness from a great selection of great cameras just a few years ago. Many cameras are still available from retailers or on the us...

In Editor's Roundtable » Camera Selection Basics for the Lightweight Backpacker
July 05, 2:25am

Lightweight Film Compacts
OK I'm gonna have to pony up and become a member... Is there any numbers on how efficiency is affected by pot shape (tall skinny mugs/beer cans vs wider pots/pans of equal volume) or compositio...

In Editor's Roundtable » Comparative Fuel Efficiency and Carry Weight for Six Lightweight Backpacking Cooking Systems: Part I
July 05, 2:22am

FRONT PANEL Zipper placement
One key thing about panel loaders: It allows optimal placement of heavy but commonly needed items in the lower half of the pack for better balance and carry without impacting ease of access. For ex...

In GEAR » Panel Loader Theory and Ideas
July 04, 6:05pm

Scale?
Dan - That sounds excellent! Where might I find one of these small accurate scales and how much do they cost? Jordan - If it were me, I'd weigh 3 items and average.

In GEAR » And the times they are a-changin'!
July 04, 4:14pm

Re: Re: SAR? Kit too big? BC CPR?
"Your talking plenty about stabalizing people and so on and so forth... If someone is bleeding so bad they cant wait 30 minutes for SAR to come pick them up, then they have bigger problems than kee...

In Gear Lists » 1lb Survival/First Aid kit for scrutiny
July 04, 12:30am

Re: Re: UIAA certified ice axe
"I agree that UIAA certification is desirable ... some of the best picks for technical-ice-climbing axes only meet the 'B' (basic) standard rather than the higher 'T' (technical) standard. The i...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Care & Feeding of a ULA Helix Ice Axe
July 03, 11:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Summit CO

Summit CO has posted no reviews.