BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 101 - 110 of 516 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...52

Forum » Thread

GLine or GloWire
If I just want some lightweight line and plan to use knots I use the GLine from LiteTrail. However, if I want something that glows and I can use with the LineLock3's then I go with Lawson Kline...

In GEAR » Guyline options
June 17, 1:52pm

Re: Re: CC & Star
Garth, I have been using the modified Starlyte with my 0.9L Evernew pot & sidewinder. It really does work well together. I don't use the ti stakes to lift my pot, but instead just place the...

In GEAR » Caldera Cone and Starlyte stove
June 16, 9:54am

Montane Minimus Smock
Just curious if anyone has used the Montane Minimus Smock and if so, what are your thoughts on it?

In GEAR » Montane Minimus SMOCK - 143 grams
June 13, 5:03pm

Re: And on longer backpack trips?
For me, yes. On my last trip, I took 40 ml's of S-L-X per day. I used 25 ml's for dinner, which was easily enough to bring 3 cups of water to a boil, and 15 ml's for breakfast, which...

In GEAR » Calder Cone & Starlyte stoves
June 10, 7:00pm

Re: Re: Calder Cone & Starlyte stoves
I second what Jennifer said...

In GEAR » Calder Cone & Starlyte stoves
June 09, 5:54pm

Re: Re: Re: Foam-like neoair protector anyone?
Yeah I wouldn't suggest using the ccf pad directly on the ground. I still use at least a small piece of polycro directly on the ground...

In GEAR » Foam like neoair protector anyone?
June 02, 9:57pm

Re: ESBIT gunk & pot storage
I also used the little tyvek sleeve to store my cone before putting it inside the cook pot. With my 1.3L set-up, it has been used for lots of both wood & Esbit, however, the Tyvek sleeve does a...

In GEAR » Mini Caldera Cone awesomenessness
June 02, 8:21pm

Re: Foam-like neoair protector anyone?
I use the large XLite. When packed up, it is my "frame" or back padding may be a better term. Anyway, in the colder months, I will carry a 1/8" GG Thinlight pad to supplement the XLi...

In GEAR » Foam like neoair protector anyone?
June 02, 8:12pm

UL Evernew Pot Weights
Here are the weights of my Evernew "UL" (the ones w/o the non stick coating) ti pots: 0.6L pot: 67 grams 0.6L pot + lid: 91 grams 0.9L pot: 81 grams 0.9L pot + lid: 110 grams ...

In GEAR » weights of Evernew ultralight pots: 0.6, 0.9, 1.3 L?
May 31, 3:46pm

Re: weights of Evernew ultralight pots: 0.6, 0.9, 1.3 L?
David, I got your email. I'm at work now but will get the weights of all 3 once I get home. They are all 3 the "UL" versions as well.

In GEAR » weights of Evernew ultralight pots: 0.6, 0.9, 1.3 L?
May 31, 1:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.