Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chad "Stick" Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me My stomping grounds are the SE US, and 90% of the time, somewhere on the AT in GA, TN, or NC. Other times I enjoy going to the Smokies, or other smaller wilderness areas such as the Savage Gulf area.
Most of my trips are between 2 - 5 days long, with rare 7 day long trips. My total pack weights are generally under 20 lbs, unless trying new gear, or carrying extra for the kids. In the dead of summer, I enjoy SUL hikes, and have given thought to XUL (almost there...)
CityRight Here
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListBasic 30 - 50 F Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Showing 101 - 110 of 621 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...63

Forum » Thread

Re: What do you think of your Deuce of Spades?
Got mine today too. I got the blue. It weighs 16.8 g, or 0.592 oz! I agree that it feels quite rigid, and it fits rather comfortably in my hand. I went in my back yard and dug a hole with it. Mostl...

In GEAR » What do you think of your Deuce of Spades?
May 01, 6:50pm

Re: WM Summerlite or WM Sycamore MF
If you ordered one and they sent you another, I am sure that they would be happy to take care of it. Have you contacted them about it? And did you buy it direct from WM, or from another online store?

In GEAR » WM Summerlite or WM Sycamore MF
April 28, 7:54pm

Re: Price!
GoLite has the Imogene 2, and REI has a Dash 2, both of which are "free-standing" and around 2.5 lbs.

In GEAR » What is the lightest 2p free standing tent?
April 28, 7:52pm

Re: What is the lightest 2p free standing tent?
If I'm reading right, the Big Sky Soul 2 is as low as 1 lb 9.5 oz... It's free standing and double wall too.

In GEAR » What is the lightest 2p free standing tent?
April 28, 6:56pm

Re: Metal Jackets
It's my understanding that the Easton Metal Jacket stakes are essentially the same as the MSR Carbon Core stakes. I will say that I do not own any of the Easton's, but I do own the MSR'...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » favorite stakes
April 24, 7:55pm

Re: Re: TAR vs Camptek
Thats what I figured... thanks.

In GEAR » The lost "jet engine" ground pad inflator?
April 18, 9:22am

Traction
I have heard that there is zero traction with the LP's on wet rocks and roots, typically found on the east coast trails. For this reason I stuck with my Inov-8's. However, other than the...

In GEAR » Are any of the Altra shoes even a little durable?
April 18, 9:21am

TAR vs Camptek
Has anyone tried the TAR model? It looks exactly the same as the Camptek version, but it can be had for $31 on Amazon. I will likely pick one or the other up sometime. I figure it would be of so...

In GEAR » The lost "jet engine" ground pad inflator?
April 18, 6:45am

Re: Re: Spot II issues?
I had wanted to get one of the SPOT's for some time, but it was never top on my list... and I'm kind of glad it never was. Over time, it seems that lots of folks experienced issues with the...

In GEAR » Spot II issues?
April 11, 6:02pm

Yes
Yes. Hope this helps!

In GEAR » Should I Buy A Hexamid Solo?
March 31, 2:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Chad "Stick" Poindexter has posted no reviews.