Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 101 - 110 of 611 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...62

Forum » Thread

+2 Caldera Cone
If its allowed I also think the Caldera Cones are a great choice. Easy to use, light weight and provides lots of options. The 0.9L pot with the sidewinder cone is awesome!

In Gear Swap » WTB Jetboil Sol (or talk me out of it)
March 30, 10:10am

Re: Re: WTB Jetboil Sol (or talk me out of it)
I was wondering if this would come up... and John, don't you have some of both? ;)

In Gear Swap » WTB Jetboil Sol (or talk me out of it)
March 30, 8:16am

Re: aquamira vs filter
I agree with the others, with AM drops, there can be a hint of a smell when I first remove the lid after treating, but that's it. And personally, there have been few times that I noticed any ta...

In GEAR » aquamira vs filter
March 30, 8:15am

Re: HammockGear Burrow 20* quilt - initial review/impressions
Nice looking quilt, thanks for sharing! I have a TQ & an UQ from them, and had another UQ from them, purchased about 2 years or so ago, but it got sent back. I agree, the quality is nice, ho...

In GEAR » HammockGear Burrow 20* quilt - initial review/impressions
March 30, 8:07am

Re: NeoAir noise?
Read this thread... and you will still not have an answer one way or another... As far as the noise is concerned, it's just like the pad... it varies from user to user...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad R-value?
March 29, 11:56am

coloring tent stakes
The few that I have used that were painted, either by me, or from the company, never lasted long at all... The best thing that I have found is to anodize them. It can be done pretty easily with som...

In Gear Deals » Titanium Ultralight Tent Stakes
March 26, 7:43pm

Re: cuben tarp
Yeah Duane, there really is a pretty large amount of room in it, and that is with all 3 edges pinned right down to the ground (which of course decreases air flow). I do have my second pole pulling ...

In GEAR » Custom 10x7 Cuben Tarp.
March 26, 6:14pm

Re: NeoAir Noise
Yep... the moment you go to sleep the noise disappears! As for others noticing it, that is true, however, to be fair, there has been a number of nights in which I laid in a shelter, or even in ...

In GEAR » NeoAir Noise
March 26, 3:38pm

cuben tarp
I have a 6.5 x 10 cuben tarp from ZPacks. It is a standard rectangular tarp, no cat cut. It has 4 corner tie outs, 2 ridgeline tie outs, and then a tie out in the center of each long side. It also ...

In GEAR » Custom 10x7 Cuben Tarp.
March 26, 3:33pm

Re: Prolite 2 - Neo Air 2 - REI Flash honorable mention!
I have a small PL3 that I use in warmer months, and a large XLite that I use in colder months. I sleep like a baby on either, it's just that I don't need that much pad in the summer. My PL3...

In GEAR » Prolite 3 Small vs. NeoAir or even REI Flash
March 23, 9:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.