Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Matthew Steingass (Steingass) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Washington
About Me I'm originally from PA and was interested in backpacking so I decided to buy "The Backpacker's Handbook" By Chris Townsend when I was 19. His book is how I first heard of lightweight backpacking. Three years later I joined the NAVY and was stationed at Naval Hospital Bremerton, WA. I did my first day hike up Marmot Pass in 2008 and was amazed. I had never seen anything like it before. That hike made me decide I had to have backpacking gear before the next season. This forum has helped me start out right with smart lightweight gear choices.
CitySilverdale
StateWA
CountryUS
My PDF Gear Listno weights yet

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Matthew Steingass

Showing 101 - 101 of 101 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Forum » Thread

Thru-hiker quilt finished
My first post on BPL is gonna be a long one. sorry for the poor grammar/spelling. Finally finished my quilt kit last night. This is my first sleeping bag and one of the last things i needed before ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Thru-hiker quilt finished
May 15, 10:31am

All Reader Reviews by Matthew Steingass

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Icebreaker Balaclava Lite
This was my first Icebreaker product and the quality of the wool convinced me to get their 140 tech T. Luckly mine fits me pretty well except the opeaning makes a slight tunnel when its up over your n...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
June 11, 9:40am

RAT Cutlery IZULA knife
Tough knife in a small light package. 2.8 oz with plastic sheath may be a little much for some but it's a fixed blade knife that can always be worn on your belt so at least it's not more base ...

In Miscellaneous Products
May 26, 6:37pm

Gossamer Gear Lightrek 4 Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
These poles are perfect. It's hard to believe they were able to pack so many quality features into such a light pole. The grips are contoured just right and minimize length adjustment on trail if ...

In Trekking Poles
April 14, 7:00pm

Six Moon Designs Gatewood Cape
I set this up in my backyard expecting that it was fully enclosed. I was suprised when I saw the zippered door was more of a beak that stopped about 10 inches from the ground. My plan was to use it wi...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
April 14, 5:15pm