Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Haubert (SoCalMike) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Michael Haubert has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Haubert

Showing 101 - 110 of 137 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Forum » Thread

Favorite Gear
Love my WM Highlite bag, too. Funny thing is, I love my Snow Peak Giga stove and it's probably my favorite item. But I hardly ever use it. I've been tinkering with alcohol stoves so mu...

In GEAR » Favorite piece of gear?
July 16, 4:58pm

Thanks for the report
Thanks for the report, Jace. I'm headed to San Gorgonio in August, so this is very timely. SoCal Mike

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » First SUL Backpacking Trip!
July 16, 8:05am

San Jacinto
Thanks, Michael! I've heard Strawberry Junction was drying up fast but lots of water surrounding the area. We're doing the Deer Springs Trail from Idylwild, about 4.5 miles to the campsite...

In Post-Trip Reports » Strawberry Junction/San Jacinto area
July 14, 1:13pm

Strawberry Junction/San Jacinto area
Has anyone been up to the Strawberry Junction camping area in San Jacinto lately? I was wondering if there is water at Strawberry Junction--sometimes there is; sometimes not. I'm going up in ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Strawberry Junction/San Jacinto area
July 13, 12:56pm

SB hammock
Hey, Jack. Unfortunately, things fell through this weekend. There's a chance we'll get together this weekend but don't know yet. He's from the east coast and is near me for a vis...

In Hammocks » Switchback hammocks
July 11, 10:14pm

PM Sent
Michael I sent a PM. I'm also willing to listen to offers on the tent. Michael

In Gear Swap » WTB: Lightweight shelter
July 09, 9:26am

Switchback Hammock
@Kevin: Good points. I'll send a PM. I'm always willing to learn and could certainly use some guidance. @Michael: Thanks for the feedback on your experience with the SB. I'm tryi...

July 06, 9:46pm

Switchback hammocks
I've been looking at the Switchback Hammocks made by Tree to Tree and looking up reviews at Hammockforums.net. I was wondering if anyone here at BPL has tried out and compared the Classic ...

July 06, 5:37pm

Zelph Venom Stove
I have this stove and a wider pot makes a huge difference. I believe the typical ratio is supposed to be 1/4 oz. of denatured alcohol per 1 cup of water. That may vary per water temperature, altit...

In GEAR » Zelph Venom works best with proper windscreen.
June 04, 8:36am

VT Hip Belt
Joe, I’m no expert, but I believe the hip belt plays a role in the overall weight support for the VT pack. The belt would, ideally, help with supporting the weight you’re carrying by keepi...

In GEAR » Vapor Trail belt: weight? go without?
April 27, 8:25am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Haubert

Michael Haubert has posted no reviews.