BPL Community Profile

Michael Haubert (SoCalMike) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Michael Haubert has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Haubert

Showing 101 - 110 of 128 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

VT Hip Belt
Joe, I’m no expert, but I believe the hip belt plays a role in the overall weight support for the VT pack. The belt would, ideally, help with supporting the weight you’re carrying by keepi...

In GEAR » Vapor Trail belt: weight? go without?
April 27, 8:25am

Vapor Trail Hip Belt
Along the lines of using v. not using the VT hip belt, has anyone tried using a lighter substitute? If so, what have you used? I'm just wondering if you can use something that shaves weight, b...

In GEAR » Vapor Trail belt: weight? go without?
April 26, 7:29am

Tip 6
~6. Try something new every time you go camping I dig it, Mike. I don't get out very often, but Tip 6 is something I take to heart. I think of each trip as an opportunity to experiment wit...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Tip of the Week
April 21, 10:12pm

TT Moment is great
I have a Moment. I find it very roomy (I'm 6'1"). Super easy to set up/take down. I get condensation in it sometimes, but it hasn't been an issue because there is so much room in...

In GEAR » Tarp Tent Moment: anyone experiences welcome
April 21, 1:26pm

Try Etowah Outfitters
You might want to take a look at Etowah Outfitters. They offer a 6 x 10 that is 9 oz in silnylon for $69: http://www.etowahoutfittersultralightbackpackinggear.com/backpacking-tarps.html I...

In Gear Swap » WTB Tarp
April 15, 2:36pm

Bad Behavior
I hate the booze-related, high-volume shouting, partying crowd. I've even been around groups that erupted in fist fights. You want to take a snort and hit the sack? Great. Want to grab a br...

In Philosophy & Technique » Bad Behavior
January 23, 8:05pm

PM Sent
PM Sent

In Gear Swap » FS: Monbell Alpine Light Down Jacket
January 23, 5:52pm

DriDucks
Hey, Jeff. I am 6'1", 165 and have the large. I'm swimming in these things--tons of room. I could easily cover a day pack under my jacket to keep it dry. I never could find anyone...

In GEAR » DriDucks question
January 22, 3:45pm

Loved it
I saw this a couple of months back. I loved it and highly recommend it, too. It inspired me to get off my rear and get back outside and perhaps challenge myself a little bit more when I am outside.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » If you get a chance, Watch "180* South" on Netfilx
January 04, 7:28am

Plastic lids
Thanks for this! I was about to steal a lid from my tupperware for my Heineken pot but can use the Penn lid.

In GEAR » Plastic lids for popular Cups/Pots
December 05, 8:33am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Haubert

Michael Haubert has posted no reviews.