BPL Community Profile

Rob Vandiver (ShortBus) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale So Cal
About Me Still a newb, whittling my way down to 10-lbs and up to higher mileage days! Thanks BPL!
CityFullerton
StateCa
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListCurrent 3 Season

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rob Vandiver

Showing 101 - 110 of 132 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Forum » Thread

Compressing Silnylon?
So, I just got my first single walled shelter in the mail today, a MLD Trailstar. Stoked! It came in a ~15 x 7" stuff sack, pretty loosly stuffed. Is it ok to swap to a smaller stuff sack? Jus...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Compressing Silnylon?
March 23, 12:50pm

Re: Re: Using Dr Bonner’s for toothpaste?
Acidic? Really? Most soaps are alkaline, as is your mouth. If I had to hazard a guess, I would say that the soap was just robbing your skin of some of the natural oils. I've used it for toothpa...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dr Bonner’s use for toothpaste?
March 23, 9:26am

A&F 1907 Catalog
ha, Im looking for a modern UL version of the "tump line" on page 82. Looks pleasant.

In Philosophy & Technique » I try and give some lightweight feedback, and look what happens...
March 20, 3:51pm

Interesting old catalog
That link to the 1907 Abercrombie and Fitch catalog in that thread was fun to breeze through. Honestly, I never knew they EVER sold anything besides clothing for hipsters. http://books.google.co...

In Philosophy & Technique » I try and give some lightweight feedback, and look what happens...
March 20, 2:55pm

Re: Re: blood test
Qualification: I am certainly not a scientist. Also, I have no cuben products simply because I cannot afford them at the moment. I have looked dreamily at the weight differences, but the $$/Oz does...

In GEAR » Cuben - The 422 mm hydrostatic head dirty little secret
March 19, 10:07pm

Ben Weasel:
Never change!! http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/03/sxsw-2011-screeching-weasel-singer-pelted-with-ice-throws-punches-at-two-women.html

In Chaff » Punk Rock Lovin' Ultralighters
March 19, 5:26pm

Re: Re: RE: San Jacinto
Huh, nice forum I never new existed. Thanks for the link, Jim. Looks like you're a reg there too, huh? -Rob V.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » San Jacinto
March 19, 12:10am

Re: Neo Air, small
1 oz difference between a small Z-lite (10 oz) and a neo-air small (9 oz). Comparing a Regular to a Small wasn't exactly fair. The solite small is 9 oz as well, with a better R-Value, but is bu...

In Gear Deals » REI 20% coupon coming March 18th...
March 19, 12:03am

RE: San Jacinto
They are getting lows in the high twenties to low thirties at the moment. They had frost on the ground this morning. Highs are in the mid 50's. Snow isn't much of an issue at the moment...

March 18, 2:02pm

RE: San Jacinto
I'll give my stepdad a call tonight, he lives in between Garner Valley and Table Mountain. Out of curiosity, are you going to cedar springs as an out and back? If you wanted to go further up ...

March 17, 6:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Rob Vandiver

Rob Vandiver has posted no reviews.