BPL Community Profile

Stuart R (Scunnered) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scotland
About Me "When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely in your thoughts advanced to the state of science, whatever the matter may be."
Sir William Thomson (Lord Kelvin) 1883

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart R

Showing 101 - 110 of 635 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...64

Forum » Thread

Real data
I actually wrote some of the original code for the automatic weather station on Cairngorm as an undergrad. Some of the measurement data is available online at http://cairngormweather.eps.hw.ac.uk ...

In GEAR » Accurately Estimating Wind Speed
November 11, 2:21pm

Re: Accurately Estimating Wind Speed
Many tents will not withstand strong winds. This was filmed on the Isle of Skye (sea level), from a Trek T1 tunnel tent: http://youtu.be/r4NN3cltuuY It doesn't even look that windy to me ...

In GEAR » Accurately Estimating Wind Speed
November 09, 3:18am

Re: Lightweight canister for lightweight stove
The weight of a canister is influenced by its manufacturing process which is determined by it's shape, as well as it's size. Tall slim canisters, made from a welded tube with two end caps, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lightweight canister for lightweight stove
November 06, 3:29pm

Re: Making a Lid instructions
I made a former out off a scrap piece of 1/4" aluminium, as shown in the original post. I don't think wood will be hard enough. One edge of the former has an arc at the desired radius. The...

In Make Your Own Gear » Making a Lid out of Alum. Flashing
November 04, 1:03pm

Breche de Rolande
This is the Spanish side, so could also be titled "Breca de Rolando"

In Photo Gallery » Above Treeline
October 19, 8:17am

Re: Moment in Wind
Samuel I did make and still use my tent. It is supported by a single hoop pole and a smaller vertical pole at the foot, so I would not expect it to fare much better then the Moment in strong wind....

In GEAR » TT Moment in moderate wind
October 04, 1:59pm

TT Moment in moderate wind
http://tracksterman.tumblr.com/post/61665521042/waking-up-to-rain-this-morning-i-was-glad-to-be This guy is almost a nomad for much of the year and knows his gear, but is not too impressed with ...

In GEAR » TT Moment in moderate wind
October 03, 2:53pm

Re: Wintertent (Soulo copy): I need your thoughts
It looks like you have made an exact frame to make precise templates for your panels. But a word of warning - if you plan to use silnylon fabric, it has some stretch. If you cut the fabric to the s...

In Make Your Own Gear » Wintertent (Soulo copy): I need your thoughts
October 01, 2:56pm

Re: snow travel footwear system
I want to try doing some snow hiking this winter. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do for footwear. I plan on using rocky mountain gortex socks over regular weight wool socks in ...

In GEAR » snow travel footwear system
September 25, 2:18pm

Re: MYOG Tent plans and details
Interesting design and very well made! It's really good to see inovative alternatives to mainstream offerings. I don't use poles myself so my solution for the same conditions is here. It ha...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Tent plans and details
September 24, 1:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart R

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Coleman Exponent Non-stick Cook Kit
At first glance this looks like just another anodised aluminium cook set, but on closer inspection you will find that these pots have a real standout feature. There is a spiral groove machined or stam...

In Cookware - Other
March 29, 12:43pm