November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Roman Ryder (RomanLA) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southwest Louisiana
About Me I'm an avid backpacker and whitewater kayaker, so I spend most of my free time in the mountains.
My Website URL
My PDF Gear List3+ Season Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roman Ryder

Showing 101 - 110 of 129 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

I've decided to get the TarpTent Contrail. That should drop about 2.5lbs. I haven't ordered the Z-Lite pad yet, so I'll order the short one and put my pack under my feet. I'm going ...

In Gear Lists » My 15lb Gear List
October 31, 1:22pm

The most likely one that comes to mind is an unplanned swim crossing water. I've heard that a pack will float, so there's a chance you could find it in an eddy downstream.

In Philosophy & Technique » If you were seperated from your pack...
October 30, 8:20pm

Nah...I just didn't feel like weighing my clothes today. I'll do it when I make the pdf version. lol I'll definitely check out that Tarptent. Here's the other clothing items I...

October 30, 7:01pm

I got a pair of ExOfficio boxer problems since!

In GEAR » Chafing and the merits of going commando
October 30, 5:32pm

Wow! Lots of good suggestions! I forgot to include a change of socks...I'll add those in. I'm not a big fan of bugs, so a tarp is out! lol

October 30, 5:25pm

If you were seperated from your pack...
What would you want to have on you? I'm basically trying to decide what items to put on a survival necklace or something along those lines. p.s. At this point, I'm just thinking of throw...

In Philosophy & Technique » If you were seperated from your pack...
October 30, 3:10pm

First Aid Kit
Yeah...I could definitely shed some weight on the first aid kit. I just took a small generic one and threw in some mole skin, benadryl, and cortizone. At the same time, I'm a certified first re...

October 30, 2:51pm

My 8lb Gear List
My list is down to 8lbs now and is posted in the community gear lists.

October 30, 1:47pm

Hey Scott, I just got a good book to research for my solo hike next summer. I'm going to take it slow and will probably only go as far as Bishop, so I can catch lots of the side hikes and pe...

In Post-Trip Reports » jmt half trip late season
October 29, 10:32am

I did 27 miles in the Ouachitas (also in Arkansas) last weekend. I saw some bear scat and tracks, but no bears. I just put my food bag in my vestibule, so nothing would try to come in my tent after...

In GEAR » Food protection in the Ozarks
October 29, 3:23am

All Reader Reviews by Roman Ryder

Roman Ryder has posted no reviews.