Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Roman Ryder (RomanLA) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southwest Louisiana
About Me I'm an avid backpacker and whitewater kayaker, so I spend most of my free time in the mountains.
My Website URLhttp://www.riverlesspaddled.com
My PDF Gear List3+ Season Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roman Ryder

Showing 101 - 110 of 129 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

Contrail
I've decided to get the TarpTent Contrail. That should drop about 2.5lbs. I haven't ordered the Z-Lite pad yet, so I'll order the short one and put my pack under my feet. I'm going ...

In Gear Lists » My 15lb Gear List
October 31, 1:22pm

Situation
The most likely one that comes to mind is an unplanned swim crossing water. I've heard that a pack will float, so there's a chance you could find it in an eddy downstream.

In Philosophy & Technique » If you were seperated from your pack...
October 30, 8:20pm

Clothing
Nah...I just didn't feel like weighing my clothes today. I'll do it when I make the pdf version. lol I'll definitely check out that Tarptent. Here's the other clothing items I...

October 30, 7:01pm

ExOfficio
I got a pair of ExOfficio boxer briefs...no problems since!

In GEAR » Chafing and the merits of going commando
October 30, 5:32pm

Thanks!
Wow! Lots of good suggestions! I forgot to include a change of socks...I'll add those in. I'm not a big fan of bugs, so a tarp is out! lol

October 30, 5:25pm

If you were seperated from your pack...
What would you want to have on you? I'm basically trying to decide what items to put on a survival necklace or something along those lines. p.s. At this point, I'm just thinking of throw...

In Philosophy & Technique » If you were seperated from your pack...
October 30, 3:10pm

First Aid Kit
Yeah...I could definitely shed some weight on the first aid kit. I just took a small generic one and threw in some mole skin, benadryl, and cortizone. At the same time, I'm a certified first re...

October 30, 2:51pm

My 8lb Gear List
My list is down to 8lbs now and is posted in the community gear lists. http://www.backpackinglight.com/backpackinglight/forums/gear_lists/7920f9c1a74502d0247666405fe1a62e.pdf

October 30, 1:47pm

Transportation
Hey Scott, I just got a good book to research for my solo hike next summer. I'm going to take it slow and will probably only go as far as Bishop, so I can catch lots of the side hikes and pe...

In Post-Trip Reports » jmt half trip late season
October 29, 10:32am

Arkansas
I did 27 miles in the Ouachitas (also in Arkansas) last weekend. I saw some bear scat and tracks, but no bears. I just put my food bag in my vestibule, so nothing would try to come in my tent after...

In GEAR » Food protection in the Ozarks
October 29, 3:23am

All Reader Reviews by Roman Ryder

Roman Ryder has posted no reviews.