BPL Community Profile

ROBERT TANGEN (RobertM2S) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Lake Tahoe
About Me From planet Bllffftx.
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 101 - 110 of 529 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...53

Forum » Thread

Kahtoola
You said, "The snowshoes I wore were conventional shoes with a crampon only under the ball of my foot. While traversing, the back of one shoe slid out and I tore my meniscus..." It appea...

In Editor's Roundtable » Kahtoola MTN 28 Snowshoe Review
November 16, 5:39pm

Mid layer
You said, "mid-30's to low teens while active." Pesronally I wouldn't want either the R1 or Atom Lt (I own both). If it is windy, I do like the R2 vest, which is very breathable...

In Winter Hiking » Gear List
November 14, 5:35pm

Replace Belay Parka with a tent
Roger makes an interesting suggestion: DO NOT PUT ON A BIG PUFFY AFTER YOUR ACTIVITY CEASES IF IT IS RAINING. Apparently he is thinking that a big down parka, or even a synthetic like the DAS, wil...

In Winter Hiking » Winter(ish) Layering Advice
October 07, 10:00pm

Layers
I agtree with Eric (which doesn't mean anything since I'm not an expert) but here is a tiny bit of a slide-show lecture by top mountaineer Colin Haley: "- MID LAYERS, UPPER BODY ...

In Winter Hiking » Winter(ish) Layering Advice
October 07, 2:25pm

Kelly Cordes
R S: I'm not really intending to dis Kelly. I wouldn't have even mentioned him except someone launched his blog at me personally like a torpedo because I advocate not using puffies EXCEPT ...

In GEAR » Puffy use in climbing
September 23, 2:00pm

Puffy use in climbing
WHAT'S YOUR POINT, KELLY? (From Kelly Cordes' blog): "Thanks, Uri, and sorry ’bout that — I was afraid I might not have explained that very well. Yeah, on 3), indeed, I climb w...

In GEAR » Puffy use in climbing
September 22, 2:38pm

Puffies bad, fleece good
Re: " just because there's two lines from a story about a frozen puffy is no reason to rule them out completely." Someone attended a slide show, and posted this report: “Here'...

In GEAR » What down fill weight does Primaloft compare to?
September 21, 6:35pm

The main point
Michael, I don’t think you or Eric Chan or my humble self disagree about what the main point is: someone might end up regretting moving to down, or for that matter, staying with a synthetic puffy...

September 19, 11:32pm

Rab vent
Matt said: "Wish it had a dang vent in the back and or top." You must have the big one, the little one has a sleeve vent at the bottom back, for reaching out and collecting snow, but if ...

In GEAR » Rab Summit Mountain Bivi vs. Black Diamond HiLight Tent
September 19, 2:55pm

No sweat climbing
Michael: Since I'm not an expert, all I can do is report a real-world event with real-world people: “I went to fleece exclusively after topping out on Shoestring in -10º F (before wind-chi...

September 19, 2:11pm

All Reader Reviews by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Arc Blast 60 liter
I received my Zpacks Arc Blast, the large 60 liter, 17.0 oz. size for winter loads, and love it. If you are worried about getting poked, don’t worry, the stays terminate at the bottom end BEHIND the ...

In Backpacks - External Frame
September 13, 6:24pm

Rab Boreas extremely thin soft shell
1. David Chenault: “I'm a huge fan. It's been a great layer for BC skiing thus far. I expect it to be fairly bug proof too.” 2. Noted mountain climber Nils Nielsen: “The last month I’ve be...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 06, 3:44pm

WalMart / "Starter" compression shorts
(Others have written that they like these, and I agree.) The WalMart / “Starter” compression shorts are: 1. Long enough to prevent abrasion, even if you have massively muscled, Greek God-like thighs...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
May 02, 1:12pm

MLD 2009 Revelation
Five Stars! I love the new 2009 Revelation from Mountain Laurel Designs! I haven’t wrung it out like Ryan Jordan did for the pack he recently reviewed, so I don’t have his detailed data base, but th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 21, 6:12pm