BPL Community Profile

Robert Kelly (QiWiz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale UL gear @ QiWiz.net
About Me I dream of thru hikes but work and family get in the way. Am familiar with most OH and western PA trails; Isle Royale; a little of Rocky Mountain NP; AT from Springer to Hot Springs; some of Monongahela in WV. Have also been on PCT in Yosemite and Mt San Jacinto area in CA and Mt Jefferson area in OR; Bailey Range in Olympic; Wind River Crest in WY. Pack weight 8-12 pounds in all seasons. Happy Trails.
If you are interested in the lightest ti trowels, stoves, and saws, check out my website at www.QiWiz.net
CityCleveland Heights
StateOhio
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.QiWiz.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Kelly

Showing 101 - 110 of 542 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...55

Forum » Thread

New Year, HOT deal on a FireFly
The FireFly is now laser-cut, which has allowed me to reduce the price more than 10% for the very popular FlexPort-equipped model. 8 mil ziplock pouch included at no extra charge. QiWiz.net is ...

In Gear Deals » Lightest collapsible wood burning stove on the planet - the FireFly Stove
January 14, 11:24am

Diggin' the New Year with a BPL only special!
If you are hankering for a titanium cathole trowel and Santa forgot to put it in your stocking, I'll rebate 10% of your PayPal purchase back to you - just send a message that includes the code ...

In Gear Deals » They're back again: The lightest cathole trowels on the planet ! Titanium, two sizes
January 14, 11:14am

Just sayin'
@hoseaphone "If I had to get by with just one stove, it would be a Caldera Cone Ti-Tri" That's quite an endorsement from a guy who makes and sells a stove that is also quite capabl...

In GEAR » New Stove Recommendations
January 04, 8:11pm

More observations
@hosaphone “FWIW, I sold my TiTri/Inferno and am trying to sell my BushBuddy in favor of the single wall FireFly... (Also for what it's worth, I sold my Ti-Tri/Inferno but bought a ULC cone ...

In GEAR » Magic Flame Wood Stove
January 03, 2:04pm

Re: I like Esbit a lot for certain situations . . .
. . . especially for an extended trip above treeline or in a fire ban area when I can't burn wood. I used Esbit in a CC system on a 3-week AT section hike, mailing it to myself, double-bagged, ...

In GEAR » how come esbit is not more popular?
January 03, 1:37pm

Stove suggestion
If I had to get by with just one stove, it would be a Caldera Cone Ti-Tri (I have the regular ones, but Sidewinder OK too). Multifuel flexibility is key for me (alcohol, Esbit, wood/twig), and a CC...

In GEAR » New Stove Recommendations
January 03, 1:21pm

Love the Sods in winter
Just found this thread. FYI if there is a lot of snow can park vehicles at Timbeline (let management know you will be leaving them and they will tell you where) and can buy a one-way one-time lift ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Group trip: Dolly Sods Wilderness, WV
December 13, 10:10am

Wood stoves in winter
As long as I'm below tree line and just cooking/melting for myself, I bring a woodburner as my primary stove for cooking and melting snow. I bring additional fire starting materials in winter. ...

In GEAR » Wood stove vs gas stove for winter backpacking.
December 13, 9:56am

Santa-time trowel special
During December, stuff your Christmas hiking stockings and those of friends and family with the lightest cathole trowels on the planet. The more you get, the more you save . . . Can you dig ...

In Gear Deals » They're back again: The lightest cathole trowels on the planet ! Titanium, two sizes
December 05, 3:05pm

Titanium patina
I see the process Gary describes every time I make a trowel and my own FireFly stove is now a deep bluish purple color after many burns. I think it's beautiful and I would not want to scrape it...

In GEAR » Snow Peak Pot Rust
December 01, 6:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Robert Kelly

Robert Kelly has posted no reviews.