BPL Community Profile

Cesar Valdez (PrimeZombie) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scandinavia
About Me Mexican-American expat living in Sweden. Check out my blog to know more about me, lots of trip reports, gear lists, pretty pictures, etc. :)
CountrySweden
My Website URLhttp://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListCesar's 3 Season 2014

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Cesar Valdez

Showing 101 - 110 of 412 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...42

Forum » Thread

Re: bing
Jerry - Thanks for the measurements, that ought to help people. Max - Cool that the new Platy and new filter work, looks like you lucked out. Harald - I bought the Platy that fits in a small ...

In GEAR » Sawyer squeeze filter container alternatives
March 29, 1:33pm

Re: Re: Small, very gram geek updates
Thanks Ryan! I am happy that you have enjoyed my evolution. I certainly have enjoyed tinkering around with my kits! Yeah, durability and comfort are constant factors that change for lots of reas...

In Gear Lists » My 1+ Season dream list is almost complete!
March 29, 12:34pm

Small, very gram geek updates
I had some rare time to myself today, so I played around with a lot of my gear. Best I could do due to not being able to work out a test run overnight trip yet--hopefully next weekend. But just...

March 29, 10:43am

Re: older platys fit
Cool, thanks JR. Good thing I had an older Play laying around. I got it a few years ago, and have used it a handful of times on overnight trips, but prefer ridged plastic bottles to drink/pour fr...

March 29, 8:33am

Sawyer squeeze filter container alternatives
So I was playing around with gear today, when I decided to fill up one of my Sawyer bladders (the 32oz one that came with it along with two others) to use as water storage for a short hike around m...

March 29, 7:01am

Usually Yay
Section hikes and winter, spring, and fall short UL trips I keep a pair of either merino wool or synth base layers (depending how cold it is) in a water resistant stuff sack (silnylon) which is car...

In Philosophy & Technique » Separate sleeping clothes - yeah or nay
March 27, 1:23pm

Re: Re: Small update
"How do you find the sizing of the Borah cuben bivy with the fully inflated Neo Air?" As I said before, it seems to have plenty of space, but I have not had the time to test it in the ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Tarp and bivy vs. hybrid tent debate 2013
March 27, 12:08am

@Michael and Garth
Michael - That looks like a nice bivy, too bad you don't like bivies, but they are not for everyone. I don't mind the whole cocoon feeling of a bivy, and actually enjoy it--makes me feel s...

March 23, 12:08am

Re: re list baselayer and bivy
You raise a valid point about the base layers vs. a jacket, I admit it is a bit of a luxury. They are mostly pajamas and morning/night clothing worn around camp. My normal routine before bed is t...

March 22, 5:06pm

The best of both worlds?
I still take TP, but I will use natural materials too. Sometimes, natural materials that are ideal for the job are abundant--like a big, firm patch of moss, which I think is best out of all the na...

In GEAR » Still going without tp?
March 21, 7:39am

All Reader Reviews by Cesar Valdez

Cesar Valdez has posted no reviews.