BPL Community Profile

Cesar Valdez (PrimeZombie) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scandinavia
About Me Mexican-American expat living in Sweden. Check out my blog to know more about me, lots of trip reports, gear lists, pretty pictures, etc. :)
CountrySweden
My Website URLhttp://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListCesar's 3 Season 2014

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Cesar Valdez

Showing 101 - 110 of 445 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...45

Forum » Thread

Start from scratch hypothetical gear shopping
Just a fun little mental gear shopping game I thought of. Say your house burns down to the ground, and literally all of your gear is gone. Damn! But let's say you have great insurance, and a...

In GEAR » Start from scratch hypothetical gear shopping
July 05, 3:01am

Thanks all
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I will take it all into consideration. This is nit-picky gram geek stuff to be sure, the difference in weight of whatever I choose could end up being 100-300g, w...

In GEAR » Another base layer/sleep clothing discussion
June 29, 1:17am

anti-subject
"Nothingness haunts being." -- Sartre

In User Test Forum » Nothing to see here
June 29, 12:48am

still on the lookout
My friend is still searching for a nice pad and bag. Sleeping pad more of a priority. I check gear swap a few times a day, and it seems like short sleeping pads go very quick! Weight is not th...

In Gear Swap » WTB short sized sleeping pad and sleeping bag
June 28, 2:58am

Another base layer/sleep clothing discussion
Here is what I have been trying to figure out for the past few weeks. In the past few years I have upgraded my gear systems to include a few down feather sleeping bags. Down feather sleeping bags...

In GEAR » Another base layer/sleep clothing discussion
June 28, 2:53am

WTB short sized sleeping pad and sleeping bag
A good friend of mine, after going on several trips with me, wants to upgrade her gear. She is short, around 5'3 I think, and is looking for an for good sleep system. Inflatable pad like a Ne...

In Gear Swap » WTB short sized sleeping pad and sleeping bag
June 18, 2:46am

Re: New to the bivy world. Looking for advice and tips!
J Dos, I am a huge fan of the tarp/bivy combo, and my shelter system is a modified Borah Cuben bivy, Zpacks solo Hex tarp, Ti stakes, and ground cover (garbage bag) for a total of 355g. I can&#...

In GEAR » New to the bivy world. Looking for advice and tips!
June 14, 2:36am

Pretty please help me pick between the new Zpacks Blast or Arc
Here is the situation. I have two wonderful backpacks I use for all my backpacking/camping needs that I am quite happy with, a custom Zpacks Zero (small, hybrid Cuben) and a MLD Exodus--though I m...

In GEAR » Pretty please help me pick between the new Zpacks Blast or Arc
June 09, 6:13am

Two more section reports
Took a little longer than a week, but such is my chaotic life ;) Stages 14 and 13 are up with 42 more pics total: http://cesarandthewoods.blogspot.se/2013/06/cesars-guide-to-bohusleden-stage-...

In Post-Trip Reports » More of Sweden's Bohusleden
June 08, 7:59am

Re: Re: military surplus
I agree with Ken, and this is coming from an Army Brat. There is also the added issue of rookie pride. When I was 15 and first started going backpacking, my father gave me his old ALICE pack. ...

In GEAR » Cheapest Ultralight Gear List?
May 27, 3:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Cesar Valdez

Cesar Valdez has posted no reviews.