BPL Community Profile

Christopher Plesko (Pivvay) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Rocky Mountains
About Me "It doesn't have to be fun to be fun" - Mark Twight
CityWestminster
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://slipangles.blogspot.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Plesko

Showing 101 - 110 of 926 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...93

Forum » Thread

Re: lightest waterproof shell
Yea I've crashed on my mountain bike with the DIAD. It's not bomber but it survived with only a small hole. Dryducks would have had a lot of duck tape on them after that crash :)

In GEAR » lightest waterproof shell
November 06, 9:59am

Re: Re: Crampons
DW, I'd love to see a report or story with alpinists climbing ice in alum front halfs? That would be pretty neat. Mixed with aluminum yes, as long as you don't care about wearing real...

In Winter Hiking » Crampons
November 06, 9:56am

Re: Weight Reduction (mica vs essence)
Can you post a picture of the underarm vents? One thing I liked on the DIAD was the mini pit zips. They weren't perfect but they worked better than none. The Napoleon pocket is so much bette...

In GEAR » Marmot Mica
November 05, 8:32am

Re: Re: Re: Marmot Mica
Post up if you do mod it. I'm curious as the original owner took at least an ounce out of my already very light DIAD.

In GEAR » Marmot Mica
November 05, 7:03am

WTB: North Face DIAD with no hand pockets
Anyone have a TNF DIAD in the older style without the extra pockets, just the napolean pocket? Size medium, color doesn't matter.

In Gear Swap » WTB: North Face DIAD with no hand pockets
November 04, 1:55pm

Re: Marmot Mica
Thought I'd post this here rather than a new thread. Anyone with a Mica see a way to lighten it at all? My older DIAD in a medium weighs in at 6.1 oz but it's dying (hood is delam at se...

In GEAR » Marmot Mica
November 04, 1:51pm

Re: SPOT is a cute toy
Hey Hartley, Tracking always turns on for me if you follow these directions. Turn SPOT off if in another mode Turn SPOT on Press OK/track button and hold down until the light goes back off ...

In GEAR » SPOT vs PLB (now that prices have changed)
November 03, 7:54am

Re: SPOT vs PLB (now that prices have changed)
"To me, SPOT is something to keep the wife/husband happy while you're out on the trail. PLB is about calling in the troops when the sh*t really hits the fan." Yup. Luckily SPOT ...

In GEAR » SPOT vs PLB (now that prices have changed)
November 02, 5:44pm

Re: 10L MSR Dromadarys
google canning stock route

In Gear Swap » WTB: Two 10L MSR Dromadarys
November 02, 5:19pm

WTB: 10L MSR Dromedary
Got one (big thanks!), could use at least one more. Anyone?

In Gear Swap » WTB: Two 10L MSR Dromadarys
November 02, 10:28am

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Plesko

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Patagonia Micro Puff Pullover
We own two of these (one small and one medium) and on most trips these make the cut. They are very warm over 3 season conditions and their compact packing and light weight make them a favorite plus th...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
November 11, 10:28pm

Patagonia MicroPuff Vest
I've had the Micropuff vest for a few months now and feel comfortable in giving a review. The vest is a total winner. I bought it for a summer insulation safety piece since it's synthetic and my bag i...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
November 11, 6:43pm