BPL Community Profile

Paul Tree (Paul_Tree) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wowwww
About Me 5' 10", 170 lb, 41" chest
StateCA
My Website URLhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/8804488@N02/sets/721576006

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Tree

Showing 101 - 110 of 455 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...46

Forum » Thread

What pants did you get?
Did you get lightweightish ones?

In Gear Deals » Altrec.com 28% + 15 % = 43% off
December 18, 12:48pm

something to try
If you don't get a response, check: http://sac.gearattack.com/items/8391 It shows they probably had one left about 4 days ago. Long, Right Zip. If you call them, try and get the last one a...

In Gear Swap » WTB: BA zirkel or mystic
December 17, 11:04pm

Mmmmm
Food grade - NOT ANTIFREEZE - version of propylene glycol might be pretty effective if dangerous. Some piquant sentences from wikipedia: "... It is also used in food, medicines, and cosme...

In Winter Hiking » Advice on winter drinking system
December 17, 10:03pm

Hey Jer!
Those look nice. Happy Holidays! Have you found a good supplier of smaller webbing hardware?

In Gear Swap » hardware for 1" webbing FREE
December 17, 10:29am

Re: Newbie Question re Water
Pump directly into your platy via your drink tube. Saves weight of one of the pump hoses. Suck out any air first.

In Philosophy & Technique » Newbie Question re Water
December 17, 10:26am

plug Platypus directly into filter
<< DISCLAIMER: Although the Hiker filter is heavy, it is more economical for me. >> << DISCLAIMER 2: And I often use a drinking tube in the summer, hydration is critical here. ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Filling Platypus
December 17, 10:17am

good looks
Maybe home anodizing? It might not get messed up too bad by the heat. Or it might, and look really cool. Like a logo, it could be a stencil that sticks on and stays throughout the process. Made ou...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultralight Kelly / Storm / Volcano Kettle
December 16, 7:24pm

Air holes + drips
The negatives: Do not suffocate yourself. Ski-pole out some good size vents and do a 70% job of blocking the the door with a pack. Do not warm up your cave much above freezing and start water...

In GEAR » Do I really need a bivy for snow camping?
December 16, 6:56pm

snow conveyor
It does beat on the plastic, so consider that if using your goundsheet for the purpose. It could potentially get a hole, especially if you start down at ground level or there are sticks or pine nee...

December 16, 6:44pm

Re: RE:Do I really need a bivy for snow camping?
Way to motivate Evan! Snowbanks are the quickest, and nice because it's easier to have your entrance lower than the sleeping area, to retain heat. Probe first like in Mike's photo. A nice s...

December 16, 6:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Tree

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I have a later version with leg zips. When hiking steep uphills, these pants are a real handicap because they try to keep you from lifting your knee. Made my summit twice as hard to keep fighting that...

In Clothing - Raingear
November 02, 10:24am

OR Verglas Gaiters (mens)
You rate them without ever having used them? That is beyond belief. Quote: "I give these a 4, without using them outside at all, so be aware they may be a 5 for a particular use." Or,...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
November 11, 1:31pm

GU Energy Gel
They do work, better than PowerGel. Faster than food. Works fine at low temps. I don't mind the taste or texture. I've gone snowboarding all day with no other food than 5 GU packets. Cons:...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
October 17, 4:10pm

Jocalat bars (by Larabar) Chocolate
These things are awesome. 240 calories and very small and uber healthy. They had them at Trader Joe's.

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
October 17, 4:02pm