Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 101 - 110 of 1053 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...106

Forum » Thread

Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
"Mags: those are some expensive homes! I guess you are paying for the location though" Location..and more and more people moving here so demand is going up. Rental rates for the Denve...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
December 30, 7:07pm

Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...
Colorado has been great.. I developed my outdoor skills and my day-job skills in tandem. It is just getting crowded (traffic, backcountry for sure) and expensive along the Front Range corridor. L-V...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Thinking of Places to Move to - Colorado, Utah, Oregon,...?
December 30, 6:43pm

Rain gear for the CT
"The 2.5 layer pertex shield is great when it lives in the bottom of my pack (ala summer Sierra hiking), but I've never actually given it a good test in terms of daily use in the rain, und...

In GEAR » Rain gear for the CT
December 28, 9:27pm

Rain gear for the CT
"Saying "do whatever works for you" is inarguably correct (although I seem to be arguing nonetheless) but not very enlightening." Thanks for agreeing with me! It does no...

December 27, 11:00pm

Rain gear for the CT
I checked out those prices. $110 for the cape and $150 seems awfully high just to find a poncho that fits my shorter height. :) I'll stick to the $10 DriDucks (5 oz) and $20 windpants (3...

December 27, 8:54pm

Rain gear for the CT
"I have to say I am truly baffled as to the low popularity of ponchos these days, especially for hiking in Colorado." Well, as a Colorado hiker, I never liked them personally. Above tr...

December 27, 4:44pm

PCT movie with Reese Witherspoon coming out
The wife and I saw it on Christmas Eve. I admit, here's the lengthy review: http://www.pmags.com/so-i-saw-that-movie-a-review-of-wild TL;DR version: I thought it was OK (3/5), the wi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT movie with Reese Witherspoon coming out
December 26, 3:13pm

SUL List - Thru Hike Capable?
"If I ever do a full PCT or AT thru hike, I am definitely going SUL. There's no suffering if you do it right. The suffering would be from carrying double the weight in gear for over 2,00...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL List - Thru Hike Capable?
December 19, 12:43am

"Most 22yr old thru hikers on AT use zlite pad. Older people cannot tolerate that anymore. Neoair is lighter anyway, but possibly more trouble if get leak." Ahem. This 40 year old hike...

December 18, 8:05pm

Actually you said " but I'd be interested to know if people thought this list could handle a thru?" ..and I answered appropriately. Thanks for the clarification.

December 18, 5:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.