Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 101 - 110 of 1134 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...114

Forum » Thread

The snows of Arapaho
About 4 hrs. In general, a quick and dirty emergency shelter takes ~1 hr per person. Something more elaborate that is base camp quality takes longer. Our shelter was about the size of a ve...

In Post-Trip Reports » The snows of Arapaho
March 13, 10:38am

mmm....pie

In On the Web » Rockies Ruck - Golden, CO sponsored by the CDTC
March 11, 1:34pm

Rockies Ruck - Golden, CO sponsored by the CDTC
It means, if you want, some person (or even people) will go through your packs and help you decide if the gear packed is necessary of even if there is a better option. Totally optional. It ...

In On the Web » Rockies Ruck - Golden, CO sponsored by the CDTC
March 11, 11:58am

watches!?!
Michael, A watch is easier for taking vitals than a cell phone for mainly ease of use and practical reasons. I suspect the under-30 nurse did not use a watch to be fashionable. :) The good do...

In GEAR » watches!?!
March 11, 11:54am

watches!?!
"For those of you who don't use the bells and whistles, why carry a watch? Or are you going phoneless?" 1. Dead reckoning. Along with a map and compass, a watch is very useful fo...

In GEAR » watches!?!
March 11, 9:26am

The snows of Arapaho
A winter backpacking  trip where out shelter of choice was a snow cave.

In Post-Trip Reports » The snows of Arapaho
March 09, 10:58am

Winter in the park 2015
re: Fat skis Skiing up a mountain, and then down a mountain to "crush lines", can be fun. But that is more day-use territory. :) Backcountry Nordic skis, to me any way, are more like h...

In Post-Trip Reports » Winter in the park 2015
March 06, 7:40pm

Backcountry Brews
Sam, That is excellent beer math! :D Being serious, as I pointed out in the review, the more beer you take and/or the long you are in the backcountry, the more this system makes sense. I ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backcountry Brews
March 06, 9:05am

Backcountry Brews
"If I took the good stuff I'd need a bigger pack... " Interesting. My sub-1lb pack of choice is a Kumo with a BPW of ~7 or 8 lbs. I have packed in two cans of beer for an ove...

March 06, 8:13am

Pats
the teabag idea looks neat. Have to try it out...maybe this weekend. Still, the beer is OK. If I am thinking of packing in beer, I am not that concerned with weight . :) A can of really good beer ...

March 05, 5:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.