BPL Community Profile

Phillip Asby (PGAsby) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me Phillip Asby has not added a biography yet.
Citycharlotte
Statenc

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Phillip Asby

Showing 101 - 110 of 337 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...34

Forum » Thread

Multiples
Unless I'm misunderstanding the trail runner techniques here - the article was specific on this point - to accomodate 1/2" of additional insulation from liners, wool socks and goretex sock...

In GEAR » Trail Runners and Snow
December 18, 2:14pm

Pots
I have a Primus Alutech 1L pot with lid that I like pretty well - use it sometimes and other times I use a Primus ETA 1L powerpot that is heavier but has a heat exchanger. http://store.primuscam...

In GEAR » Critique my cook setup
December 17, 2:17pm

LL Bean
I have the Ascent polartec packaway fleece that is terrific - similar to the monkey man fleece. It's not showing on the site anymore so perhaps its been discontinued... Any of the Ascent it...

In GEAR » What to buy with 50$ at LL Bean?
December 17, 2:06pm

Canister stoves
I have currently 4 canister stoves - the aforementioned Coleman F-1; Snow Peak Gigapower; Snow Peak Litemax and a Primus Paclite remote canister. I'm not crazy about the primus heads for anyth...

In GEAR » Critique my cook setup
December 17, 11:08am

Pans
I have at least one pot top "pan" in nonstick but am not crazy about it as a go to option. The small ceramic from Wally World sounds promising - for those who remove the handles from t...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Pancakes
December 13, 7:46am

whale oil lamps
Dave - I get that completely. My wife and I just upgraded from a 29" flat panel to a real big screen. Must have been the very last folks to do so. No way am I choosing to watch TV on a tabl...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » kindle fire hd tablet...any good?
December 09, 12:11pm

Yikes, -30! :) My only thought on the OP is that I would get cold without something more on my legs. I did a 36 degree night in my 40 degree bag and my upper body was fine (beanie, lightwe...

In GEAR » Sleeping on a cold night. How would you configure..
December 09, 9:38am

Tablets v phones
If you're using the phone essentially as a wifi small tablet the only difference between comparable systems (i.e. assuming both are Android using the same "shell") is the size of the ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » kindle fire hd tablet...any good?
December 09, 9:34am

weight and size
I admit I have too many devices and several operating systems. A tablet is for most systems a bigger phone without the phone and sometimes without data service (WiFi only devices). I do think a ...

December 09, 7:16am

Thanks
Jamie - thanks for the insight! Really helpful and it makes a couple day trip like this manageable - I'm still somewhat new to the experience and it remains a learning process on each trip (al...

In Post-Trip Reports » 40 Miles of the AT from Carver's Gap to Dennis Cove
December 06, 8:17am

All Reader Reviews by Phillip Asby

Phillip Asby has posted no reviews.