Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Manfred Kopisch (Orienteering) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Manfred Kopisch hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Manfred Kopisch has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Manfred Kopisch

Showing 101 - 110 of 418 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...42

Forum » Thread

DeLorme inReach SE
Kevin, We own both the inReach (for Smartphones) and the inReach SE. We prefer the inReach SE -- it is lighter and it doesn't require a second device (smartphone)for typing messages. The adv...

In GEAR » best two way sat communicator?
August 07, 5:21pm

Great Trip Report
Hi Andrew, thanks for the great trip report. That brings back a lot of memories. Now I understand why your TR took so long. Last year you posted on my SHR TR that you would soon publish yours to...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ropers Sierra High Route
August 06, 10:51pm

Great Area - Great Trip Report
Hi Andrew, We missed each other by a week. Michelle and I just spend two weeks with our four girls in the same area. Goddard Canyon and Hell-For-Sure Pass were truly spectacular. We also explore...

In Post-Trip Reports » Solo: LeConte Divide and Goddard Canyon
August 04, 10:07pm

Re: Hot Springs Near Reds Meadow
Hi Keith, We just returned from a 2-week trip into the Sierra with our daughters. The hot springs are marked on map #9 of the Tom Harrison JMT map pack as "Iva Bell Hot Springs".. They...

In Post-Trip Reports » Hiking the John Muir Trail with our 9 and 10 year old daughters
August 04, 11:08am

SMD Cuben Haven
Dave, my wife and I are using the SMD Haven in Cuben. It has two doors and uses trekking poles. The tarp tent itself is just 10 oz. If you decide to add a Nettent to it, you end up with a double...

In GEAR » Sell me on your favorite DUO sized tent
July 15, 7:31am

Sizes for Cuben Tarps
Christopher (and James), Zpacks states on their website that Cuben comes at a width of 54" and thus the maximum width for a tarp (with a center seam) is 8.5 feet. The length of the tarp is ...

In Gear Swap » WTB USED CUBEN FLAT TARP 10' X 10'
July 08, 3:46pm

Re: Thanks
Bryan, Hanging is allowed. This weekend at Deer Lake we found bear tracks the next morning in the sandy area close to our camp. The bear didn't even bother to play with our bear canister but...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Need a good 3 night suggestion for sick 12 year old...
July 08, 3:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Need a good 3 night suggestion for sick 12 year old...
Bryan, We just spent the weekend along that loop (and extended it to Buck Lake, Emigrant Lake, Blackbird Lake, Marshall Lake and Huckleberry Lake). We swam during the day in Camp Lake and Gem La...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Need a good 3 night suggestion for sick 12 year old...
July 08, 11:35am

Be prepared for mosquitoes
Andrew, Michelle and I went this weekend for a 45 mile loop from Crabtree. We went via Camp Lake, Piute Lake, Gem Lake, Jewelry Lake, Deer Lake, Buck Lake to Emigrant Lake. We returned via Black...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Emigrant Wilderness SUL Trip - July 13-14
July 07, 7:01pm

Re: Need a good 3 night suggestion for sick 12 year old...
Bryan, One suggestion would be Emigrant Wilderness. Have a look at the Crabtree Trailhead on the map The following lakes are nicely lined up - 2.5 miles to Camp Lake - 2.5 miles to the n...

July 02, 6:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Manfred Kopisch

Manfred Kopisch has posted no reviews.