BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 101 - 110 of 1746 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...175

Forum » Thread

The Smart Potty Trowel
Here is a possibility. It is the Sea to Summit (iPood) Pocket Trowel. I'll admit to posting this just for the giggle factor. ;-) These days there is probably an app for this chore!...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Potty Trowel or similar
March 01, 6:53am

Singles advertisement
Man looking for woman with boat motor and trailer. Send picture of boat motor and trailer. ;-) Party On, Newton

In Chaff » Bitch...
February 15, 9:54am

Re: Bitch...
"I'm leaving you for Gary. Your clothes are at your mum's & I've changed the locks." Jack Daniels - Argentine dance - Bill Amend's comic strip! This gal has gr...

In Chaff » Bitch...
February 15, 4:52am

Re: pic of unfinished pack
Justin, I realize that your pack is early in the construction stage but I believe that your shoulder straps are on the wrong sides of the pack. See the picture of the pack below for an examp...

In Make Your Own Gear » idea for a UL, fabric less backpack--bamboo, carbon fiber, dyneema line--suggestions, feedback welcomed
February 14, 1:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Liberty Ridge Pants kit from Thru-Hiker
Hi Bob, "Forgive me, but I have only been to Louisiana in the summertime, so I had no idea that you knew about cold and wet." Newton does cold and Newton does wet but Newton does no...

In Gear Lists » Thoughts on Rain Gear (JMT)
February 14, 4:46am

Re: Liberty Ridge Pants kit from Thru-Hiker
@Bob, Did you use the Momentum 90 or the M 50 fabric with your MYOG Liberty Ridge Pants Kit? The difference in weight is probably barely negligible but I am mostly concerned about durability....

In Gear Lists » Thoughts on Rain Gear (JMT)
February 13, 10:42am

Men's Cajun Fairy Tale
Boudreaux and Clotile are long time married. While attending a party Clotile spots an old boyfriend on the dance floor laughing, smiling and generally having a great time. Clotile points him...

In Chaff » Men's Fairy Tale
February 12, 10:02pm

Re: A talking frog, now that’s cool.
Cheers Roger ;-) Party On, Newton

February 11, 3:15pm

Re: Way to waterproof a zipper?
Sumi, You might give the clear variety of Permatex Flowable Windshield and Glass Sealer a try. $5.00 at Advance Auto Parts. http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_...

In Make Your Own Gear » Way to waterproof a zipper?
February 11, 11:26am

D.O.T. Approved High Traffic Area ? ;-)
@RvP, Semi ultralight version. Note the lack of superfluous lumber, reflective tape for night visits by headlamp, high traction non-slip footrests and Mike Clelland approved paperless hy...

February 11, 4:41am

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm