Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig Burton (MissingUtah) - BPL Guest

My Locale Smoky Mountains
About Me Craig Burton has not added a biography yet.
CityCharlotte
StateNC
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List7 Days / 6 Nights summer in the Smokies

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig Burton

Showing 101 - 110 of 149 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Re: Looking for a pair of Softshell pants.
You sure you want to wear your hiking pants to work? You might drop your sandwich on them!

In GEAR » Looking for a pair of Softshell pants.
August 13, 2:21pm

Re: Man Vs. Wild - Drinking Urine
I'm certainly no expert on the matter (haven't purposely drank any urine... yet), but it is my understanding that drinking urine is to aid in preventing heat exhaustion (not dehydration). ...

In On the Web » Man Vs. Wild
August 12, 7:22pm

Re: Man Vs. Wild
OK, I don't know why, but I enjoy watching this show when I have nothing else to do. I don't like the idea that he presents wilderness lore as factual information; but I am very impressed ...

In On the Web » Man Vs. Wild
August 11, 7:19pm

Tent (for now)
I currently use the GG The One, but unfortunately I've had very little time to play with it -- the one chance I did get to use it was disastrous because of a bad pitch (my fault)! However, I p...

In GEAR » Poll: Tarp/Bivy vs. Tent
August 11, 7:08pm

Re: Ideas/beta/partner for Yellowstone fall trip
If I still lived out that way I would definitely be willing to go! Sounds like a fun trip. I had to abort a trip to Yellowstone and resort to sightseeing around the same time from Oct 4-7 last ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Ideas/beta/partner for Yellowstone fall trip
August 10, 4:59pm

Re: Re: Woodburning in Caldera Cone?
I guess that makes sense. I guess I'm more confident in aluminum's heat resistance than I should be; I'll heed your advice on this one. I guess it also makes sense that the Ti-Tri is ...

In GEAR » Which SP trek 900 fits the bushbuddy best?
August 09, 6:20pm

Re: What are most popular sleeping pads?
23 oz isn't too awful heavy for a pad -- my winter pad (Downmat 7) is about 2 lbs! For everything else, however, I either go without a pad or use the GG Nightlight -- which is probably one the...

In GEAR » What are most popular sleeping pads?
August 09, 6:17pm

Woodburning in Caldera Cone?
This may be slightly off-topic; but does anyone know why you aren't supposed to do any wood burning in the Caldera Cone (the website doesn't really state why)? The Ti-Tri looks remarkably ...

In GEAR » Which SP trek 900 fits the bushbuddy best?
August 09, 5:08pm

Re: Savage Gulf (Tennessee) July 18-19, 2008
Hey Shawn, great report as always! That area looks great. I love the terrain of the Southern Cumberlands, and I wish I were a little closer to the area (I'm near Charlotte, NC). I remember...

In Post-Trip Reports » Savage Gulf (Tennessee) July 18-19, 2008
August 09, 3:35pm

Re: 60ish mile Smoky Mountain Loop July 4-7
Looks like we may have just missed each another that weekend. I did about a 60ish mile trip myself from July 3-6 spending a lot of time on Lakeshore Trail, Eagle Creek Trail, and the AT. Yo...

In Post-Trip Reports » 60ish mile Smoky Mountain Loop July 4-7
August 09, 7:33am

All Reader Reviews by Craig Burton

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pro Lite Gear customer service
Normally I don't do company reviews, but I have just now been impressed by a record processing time by Pro Lite Gear. I've been exposed to pick-and-pack warehousing during my career; and I ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 17, 4:36pm