Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Martin (MikeMartin) - BPL Staff

My Locale North Idaho
About Me Michael Martin has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Martin

Showing 101 - 110 of 510 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...51

Forum » Thread

Re: Temperture Rating
If I'm on snow, I like to have at least R-3.5, though I often use a RidgeRest Deluxe rated at R-3.1 with a bag rather than a quilt. (A bag provides a bit of insulation on the bottom side, even...

In Editor's Roundtable » Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Sleeping Pad Review
May 06, 11:45am

Re: Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Review
Hi Ashley- I held the minority opinion that the limited width wasn't such a big deal. It is, after all, an ultralight sleep pad. When you compare it to alternatives of similar warmth and w...

In Editor's Roundtable » Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Sleeping Pad Review
May 05, 11:44pm

Re: allitude sickness
I have a health condition that makes me particularly susceptible to altitude sickness. Diamox is standard operating procedure for anything over 7500 ft for me. It makes the difference between bei...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » allitude sickness
March 02, 7:29pm

Re: Pitching a Tent in the Snow
Hey- You never asked permission to use that photo of me in my blue "torsoclava". Shame on you. ;)

In Editor's Roundtable » Pitching a Tent in the Snow
February 24, 9:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Brynje with vapor barrier?
The Brynje is not wicking -- it's virtually non absorbent and allows sweat to evaporate directly off of your skin where maximum cooling is achieved. With a wicking layer, the sweat is transpor...

In Editor's Roundtable » Vapor Barrier Liners
February 18, 5:37pm

Re: Brynje with vapor barrier?
Yes. I've tried RBH NTS, various polyester base layers of different thicknesses, and the Brynje. I have not tried "Fuzzy Stuff". IMO, Brynje polypro fishnet is the best I'v...

In Editor's Roundtable » Vapor Barrier Liners
February 18, 4:34pm

Re: What features in a compass?
* Screw or locking declination setting- some require a "key" to adjust The problem with some keyless dec adjustments is that they can slip when you don't want them to. OTOH, the k...

In GEAR » What features in a compass?
February 01, 10:23am

Re: Coolest Ever
>> I will say that one of the coolest pieces of gear I have is the Bushbuddy. I'm with you as a fellow stove geek. The Bushbuddy craftsmanship is amazing. Take a look at this for s...

In GEAR » Coolest Ever
January 30, 11:50pm

Re: bending copper for preheat tube
Try threading a cable through the tube before bending.

In Make Your Own Gear » bending copper for preheat tube
January 27, 10:23pm

Re: Temperature Logging Device
http://www.thermochron.com

In GEAR » Temperature Logging Device
January 27, 9:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Martin

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
If you just bend the arms up slightly, it will support a Heineken Pot cleanly.

In Stoves - Other
May 26, 3:06pm