BPL Community Profile

John Gilbert (JohnG10) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid-Atlantic
About Me John Gilbert has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Gilbert

Showing 101 - 110 of 560 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...56

Forum » Thread

Jam-like pack with Lid & mesh pocket
Anyone seen a pack similar to the Golite Jam (ie: 210 denier ripstop body, wide hip belt wings, mesh back panel) --- but with a lid (3" pocket) and a mesh pocket covering most of the back ? A...

In GEAR » Jam-like pack with Lid & mesh pocket
April 17, 8:27pm

Jam Questions
How'd the new framesheet hold up to that much weight ? Any less torso collapse than the old foam ? What the issue was with the new straps ? Did they curve into a tube and cause pressure - ...

In GEAR » 2012 50L Golite Jam (out of the box)
April 04, 8:26pm

Need help finding a pack
I'm looking for a smaller and lighter weight version of an expedition-style pack. ie: A pack with the following features. 50 liters (ish) 210 dyneema grid fabric Framesheet, belt & s...

In GEAR » Need help finding a pack
April 04, 8:13pm

1/2 Pyramid Pitch
The front corners should be more inward compared to the rear corners. On my 8x10, this amount is about 15-18". I lay the tarp out flat, stake the rear corners directly to the ground, stake...

In GEAR » MLD monk tarp question and pics
March 30, 6:56pm

Best Insulation for Washing
What holds up better to frequent washing - Long fiber synthetics (Polarguard), or budget down (550-650 wt) ? How much worse do short fiber synthetics hold up to frequent washing ? (Assume washi...

In GEAR » Best Insulation for Washing
March 23, 7:50pm

Summer Shirts
In the humid Maryland/Virginia area, I find loose fit, thin, open weave poly t-shirts work best in the summer (80-100 degrees, 70-100% humidity). Everything else is way too hot or sticks to you to...

In GEAR » Longsleeve baselayer for hot, summertime use?
March 23, 7:42pm

Jam vs Vapor vs Talon
The Vapor Trail was missing from the last BPL pack comparison series. Can anyone comment on how the Jam compares to the Vapor Trail (or crown) or the Osprey Talon 44 ? I'm looking for comfy...

In GEAR » Jam vs Vapor vs Talon
March 23, 6:10am

Jam 2012
Any one have any trail miles on the new Jam? How's the new softer foam, and wider hip belt work out with heavier loads? Does the new foam dry fast after it rains? Is there any advantage i...

In GEAR » Jam 2012
March 17, 8:12am

scout packs
The talon 44 worked well for my skinny 11 year old scout. He liked the granite gear vapor trail better. It had a comfier hip belt and no more weight on his shoulders despite only having a flexy fo...

In GEAR » Recommend a small pack
March 15, 4:00pm

packs
My kids liked carrying all their own gear as soon as they were around 10 years old. With a light pack (XS womens), they were able to stay within 15% of their body weight - as long as I carried the...

In GEAR » Backpacks for Kids
March 06, 4:43pm

All Reader Reviews by John Gilbert

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Wenger Esquire
I was looking for something a little bigger than my Victorinox Classic (2.25") knife. The Wenger Esquire has essentially the same tools, but is 1/3 of an inch longer, about 3/32" wider and ...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 07, 7:05pm