BPL Community Profile

John Abela (JohnAbela) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale John Abela hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me John Abela has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Abela

Showing 101 - 110 of 1288 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...129

Forum » Thread

Re: Holy shirt! looking for recommendations
Hey JR, Does a 100% merino wool shirt that has SPF even exist?? The Icebreaker Bodyfit 260 Tech Top is absolutely my favorite heavy base layer and the SunPrecautions Ultra Athlete shirt is ...

In GEAR » Holy shirt! looking for recommendations
April 18, 11:37am

Re: Re: Thoughts on the Camp-Tek Microburst?
Flipping LOVE my Microburst!! I have a TaR XTherm, size large, that is just a monster to inflate... the Microburst is a MUST have for these large four-season pads! The Microburst will inflate...

In GEAR » The lost "jet engine" ground pad inflator?
April 18, 11:30am

Re: Are any of the Altra shoes even a little durable?
Altra Olympus for the win!! The Olympus has taken the Ultra running world by storm - it has a massively huge following by many of the top winning ultra runners out there. Probably the only ...

In GEAR » Are any of the Altra shoes even a little durable?
April 18, 11:24am

Re: Suggestions on how I can lighten my pack further
I would just like to make the suggestion that you worry less about your weight. If you are new to UL backpacking, just forget about all of this nonsense and just keep getting out and hiking. ...

In Gear Lists » Suggestions on how I can lighten my pack further
April 18, 11:18am

Re: Top Ultralight Tent Review
Respect to the author for putting the research and time into this article. However it should not be called the "top" ultralight tent review - yes, some of those reviewed are great shel...

In Editor's Roundtable » Top Ultralight Tent Review
April 17, 2:01pm

Re: Anyone use one in the field
Ken T took one on a hike a few weeks back when we did a short overnighter. I only got a few photos of it. We setup camp early to wait around the rain and it ended up rained on us for 11+ hours (4pm...

In GEAR » New MLD SoloMid XL
April 12, 5:12pm

Re: If you had 2 more lbs for free, what gear would you add?
ah this is a great post! first, huge congratz Kevin! I spent three years getting rid of 115 pounds - the goal I set for myself. Now I am trying to lose another 15-20! So, if I could add two...

In GEAR » If you had 2 more lbs for free, what gear would you add?
April 10, 6:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Toray Dermizax NX
The Toray Dermizax NX is some very good fabric. 20k/24hr 40k/m2/24h It is at the top of the industry right now - along with only two or three fabrics side-by-side IIRC. KUIU is also using it fo...

In GEAR » Toray Dermizax NX
April 10, 6:31pm

Re: Xtherm with a WB XLC?
Hey Richard, Are you looking at using the Xtherm simply for R-Value? If so, why lug around all that weight (and the crazy price-tag) and instead go with the AMK Blanket? Same basic principle ...

In Hammocks » Xtherm with a WB XLC?
April 08, 9:03am

Re: Popular (cottage) Backpacks - Spreadsheet Details
Hey all, Huge thanks for all the help and suggestions along the way. I think it is finished up at this point in time. I updated the image on the first post to reflect all of the changes.

In GEAR » Popular (cottage) Backpacks - Spreadsheet Details
April 07, 3:41pm

All Reader Reviews by John Abela

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Black Rock Gear Hadron

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:44pm

ZPacks ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp & HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter
ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp ZPacks HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter h...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 27, 10:34pm

Jetboil Sol Ti
Hello Everybody, I was able to acquire the new Jetboil Sol Ti recently and I have now had a chance to use it in the field - inclu...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 3:00pm