BPL Community Profile

John Abela (JohnAbela) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale www.hikelighter.com
About Me I live in the Redwoods of Northern California. It rains here, a lot, often going 30+ days without it stopping. I love it!

I have migrated from a 35 pound BPW setup to a winter time setup of under 7 pounds, a shoulder season setup of under 5 pounds and a summer time setup of under two pounds. Check out my website http://www.hikelighter.com/ for my gear list and reading my articles, and my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HikeLighter for videos on SUL and XUL gear and whatnot.
CityEureka
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.hikelighter.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Abela

Showing 101 - 110 of 1184 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...119

Forum » Thread

Re: Focus Fire 14 stove for Esbit users
@Carl, there is a little gold paypal "buy" button on the bottom of the page that takes you to paypal... is that what you were trying and having problems with?? @Jon, Forgot about ...

In Gear Deals » Focus Fire 14 stove for Esbit users by FLAT CAT GEAR
February 01, 3:07pm

Re: Re: Re: 6th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2014: Henry Coe State Park, California
The fourth photo from the top is a new 2014 product for SMD that should be available shortly. It is a hexagonal shaped tarp that is 6.9 ounces, and inside of it is, I think, the SMD Serenity NetTen...

In Photo Gallery » 6th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2014: Henry Coe State Park, California
January 27, 1:12pm

Re: Re: Paradox Packs Evolution pack system review
Tad Englund (bestbuilder): I guess fit and comfort come at a exorbitantly high price. Well, you are talking about a speciality product here Tad. If you compare the Paradox to the KUIU Icon, w...

In Editor's Roundtable » Paradox Packs Evolution pack system review
January 15, 10:38am

Re: Cesar
>>> I was wondering when you would chime in! Thanks for that, and for your previous efforts that I've already lauded. I wasn't going to... but the lure of pizza sucked me in. A...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 08, 7:45pm

Re: Re: whatcha bringing
It would see I do not own a single piece of gear from Bora Gear... that's pretty messed up. Any discount on a pair of down pants delivered to the GGG?? 10d, medium. 34 inseam, 1.5 extra fill t...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » GGG Whatcha Bringing?
January 07, 11:24pm

Re: Re: Directions? 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
I will try to remember to mount my recorder onto the window of Kens van as we head into HC this year, so next year we can have a short video showing how to get up to the spot, once you turn off 101.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
January 07, 10:40pm

Re: Inertia O Zone
I posted some photos of a T&E prototype on my facebook page awhile back. Worth checking out. I found, as a side sleeper, the Inertia O Zone just did not work out for me. Kept bottoming out. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Inertia O Zone sleeping pad
January 07, 9:51pm

Re: Re: whatcha bringing
>>>Erik G: winter meter If by that you mean a Kestrel Meter 4500 Weather Meter... than yes, please bring it!! >>>Doug: Wizards of the PCT I have a copy of it on DVD th...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » GGG Whatcha Bringing?
January 07, 9:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Pizza Pizza
I was in Buffalo NY back in 2011 doing some work at a company and the last day I was there they bought this pizza... it was about three feet wide and at least 5 feet lot. The biggest damn pizza I h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 07, 9:30pm

Re: Best emergency bivy/shelter for 3-season day use
The ZPacks Hexamid Pocket could do the trick for down there. Will be around-about 5.6 ounces with stakes. I got one, love it. If you will be at the GGG in a week or two you can see mine.

In GEAR » Best emergency bivy/shelter for 3-season day use
January 06, 1:41am

All Reader Reviews by John Abela

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Black Rock Gear Hadron

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:44pm

ZPacks ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp & HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter
ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp ZPacks HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter h...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 27, 10:34pm

Jetboil Sol Ti
Hello Everybody, I was able to acquire the new Jetboil Sol Ti recently and I have now had a chance to use it in the field - inclu...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 3:00pm