Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jennifer Mitol (Jenmitol) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale In my dreams....
About Me Jennifer Mitol has not added a biography yet.
CityChicago
StateIL
My Website URLhttp://backpackerPT.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jennifer Mitol

Showing 101 - 110 of 1947 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...195

Forum » Thread

Re: classic example
Frankly Michael, I always thought it was you...

In Chaff » Trolls May Possibly BPL Staff Members
December 18, 4:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Trying to lighten up more
I find that I can get by just fine on about 2-4L/day for everything, depending on how hot it is. There are quite a few dehydrated meals I make that don't require much in the way of water, and ...

In Gear Lists » First published gear list - will this work with a new light pack?
December 18, 1:40pm

we could certainly do the experiment ourselves....
Seriously - we have enough engineers and such on this site. Can't we just take several bags/quilts of various fills and DWRs, set them up in various conditions particularly in the humid envi...

In GEAR » Winter down bag decision
December 18, 1:32pm

Re: Re: Advice from long distance walkers....
Christopher - it's so interesting that you say that, because one of my favorite "coaches" during my ultra marathoning days used to say that before you even toe up to the starting line...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Advice from long distance walkers....
December 17, 11:05am

Advice from long distance walkers....
OK all, to those of you who have completed one of the big three thrus (or international equivalent...), what are the pieces of information/advice/knowledge you wished you knew/had/discovered during...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Advice from long distance walkers....
December 17, 9:35am

WAY too much stuff.
OK. I've been through your gear list and here is the brutal chopping block: Tyvek ground sheet: why? you are off the ground in a hammock. Get a polycro sheet for a lot less weight/space i...

In Gear Lists » First published gear list - will this work with a new light pack?
December 17, 8:10am

Re: re: cat hair
cat hair, CharlieDog hair, all things fleece - OMG it makes me crazy. And Chuck is going through his bi-annual molting that is literally COMICAL in the amount of hair that comes off him. I just p...

In GEAR » Removing Cat hairs from Fleece
December 16, 1:02pm

what about VVR instead?
After my two trips I have to say, MTR just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Yes, I hear it's different for folks with reservations, but the place is so snooty to everyone else that I just have ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » MTR, Reds, resupply questions
December 13, 3:52pm

what do you even use a knife for?
I've never used my knife, not once. OK, maybe I needed help opening a mountain house package once, but seriously...what do you need it for?? I like a small pair of scissors to cut my bliste...

In Chaff » hatchet vs large survival knife?
December 12, 10:11am

suntastics-5
It only has one JMT trip (24 days) under it's belt so take this with whatever grains of salt are needed.... But I found that when I stopped for breakfast and lunch I could plug the suntastic...

In GEAR » Recommendations for external battery capacity for two on the PCT?
December 12, 7:41am

All Reader Reviews by Jennifer Mitol

Jennifer Mitol has posted no reviews.