BPL Community Profile

Jennifer Mitol (Jenmitol) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale In my dreams....
About Me Jennifer Mitol has not added a biography yet.
CityChicago
StateIL
My Website URLhttp://backpackerPT.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jennifer Mitol

Showing 101 - 110 of 1685 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...169

Forum » Thread

flat rate...
Um, call me crazy, but it was my understanding that the whole point of a flat rate box from USPS is that "if it fits, it ships," regardless of the weight. If you can cram it in the box...

In GEAR » 123mountain.com CAUTION
June 27, 9:27am

Re: obsession
Joe - I can so relate to your post! Nothing makes me happier than being out in that - my gear makes me smile, the simplicity of life on the trail makes me smile, it just makes me so very, very hap...

In Philosophy & Technique » obsession
June 27, 9:22am

Crunchy leaves....
Ah - just thinking of all these places makes me smile! Thanks everyone!

In Pre-Trip Planning » I need Fall!!!
June 25, 12:37pm

Re: Re: Where should I go?
Oh Piper, I'm in the same boat! I have three, possibly 4 days off, but living in Austin, TX there isn't a place within 8 hours of here that won't be hotter than hell. But I'm ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Where should I go?
June 25, 12:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MLD Cuben Duomid + Net = around 23oz
Honestly, I think you can't go wrong with either then (6'1" is probably just fine!). I have both the duomid with solo inner and the solplex...which I purchased as a thru hiking solo t...

In GEAR » What is everyone's favorite UL solo, three-season shelter?
June 25, 8:44am

Re: Re: Re: MLD Cuben Duomid + Net = around 23oz
my first choice would certainly be the duomid + solo inner - but then you say you're 6'4". I'm 5'7" and the duomid/solo inner is an absolute PERFECT shelter. But if I ...

In GEAR » What is everyone's favorite UL solo, three-season shelter?
June 25, 8:35am

weight distribution
You have two competing factors here - one, the best place for the heaviest item is in the middle of the pack, towards your back. You want the heaviest things to be closest to your center of mass, ...

In GEAR » How to pack a pack? Where to put hydration bladder?
June 24, 7:20am

Re: Stress fractures
Yeah, there's not a lot you can do to prevent stress fractures - except make sure your nutrition is good, you don't increase mileage too quickly, wear appropriate footwear, etc etc. I ...

In Philosophy & Technique » stress fractures
June 24, 7:09am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: foot problem: advice please
Billy, Yes, it MAY make it more complicated, but honestly, a ruptured tendon sheath is messy business with or without a cyst. That's kind of a whole different ballgame, and that would be yo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » foot problem: advice please
June 22, 11:14am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: foot problem: advice please
A Baker's cyst is a great example how LOCATION is the main issue with cysts. The cyst is the same - a fluid filled sac, in the case of a Baker's cyst caused by bunching up of synovial tiss...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » foot problem: advice please
June 22, 10:04am

All Reader Reviews by Jennifer Mitol

Jennifer Mitol has posted no reviews.