Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jennifer Mitol (Jenmitol) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale In my dreams....
About Me Jennifer Mitol has not added a biography yet.
CityChicago
StateIL
My Website URLhttp://backpackerPT.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jennifer Mitol

Showing 101 - 110 of 2311 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...232

Forum » Thread

dork shirt
well.... I keep trying shirts - and I keep coming back to the Rail Riders Adventure shirt. It is truly a work of art in the Dork department, but of all the shirts i keep trying here in the cent...

In GEAR » Sun Shirt
June 04, 6:16am

Re: Re: skipping breakfast to burn fat...
"Perhaps a more steady intake of low-glycemic carbs (berries, etc.) throughout the day deserves consideration instead of a carb dinner in order to avoid the post-dinner insulin surge and assoc...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » caffeine pills instead of coffee?
June 03, 9:45am

altitude
Actually Valerie, that's a HUGE part of what happened with me last year. I have always had issues at altitude (first noticed on a month-long trek to Mount Everest...) but those are usually mit...

June 03, 9:40am

cheap n easy!
ramen noodles, cheese powder, tuna. Ta-da!!!! My favorite trail meal ever.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Sticker Shock, need a new plan
June 02, 12:18pm

coffee tootsie rolls!!! and more about burning fat while hiking...
OMG Willie that is awesome! between that and the cookie recipe it would be a perfect start to my day! I also like some days just doing the cold coffee......I think that should hold me just fine f...

June 02, 6:59am

Re: Re: Re: skipping breakfast to burn fat...
To CLARIFY... I am NOT going carb free, nor am I doing the ketosis version, either. At the moment I'm simply trying to aim for 50-150g carbs PRIOR to my hike in order to help with the adapt...

June 01, 2:21pm

Re: Re: skipping breakfast to burn fat...
Well Sarah the key here is the "training" leading up to using fat as a fuel source. I'm actually restricting carbs A LOT right now, more than I will in the future. I have already be...

June 01, 9:50am

skipping breakfast to burn fat...
So here is the plan we are working on: I am a carb addict. And I am fat. Carbs are the easiest to digest and convert to energy, fat is a bit harder. Our bodies are inherently lazy and wil...

June 01, 9:15am

Re: Re: Closest to a Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat without being a Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat?
A) Nick, you may be an old fart but I really hope that someday I am fortunate enough to meet you, and maybe even walk for a spell. B) "That sounds so enchanting." Thanks BG

In GEAR » Closest to a Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat without being a Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat?
June 01, 8:30am

hey Coloradans - mosquitos this July???
With the recent rains/snows, what are your thoughts about NOT bring a bug innernet for my duomid on the CT? leaving June 28, planning about 35 ish days. I HATE mosquitos and they LOVE me, but I...

In Pre-Trip Planning » hey Coloradans - mosquitos this July???
May 31, 2:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Jennifer Mitol

Jennifer Mitol has posted no reviews.