BPL Community Profile

Jason Smith (JasonS) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Northeast
About Me Jasper
StateCT
My PDF Gear ListCurrent Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jason Smith

Showing 101 - 110 of 114 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Forum » Thread

Wilderness Emergency Trauma Medicine
I have heard that Emergency Trauma Medical doctors can often find themselves in demand on mountaineering teams.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Carrers in the outdoors
October 06, 6:03pm

Poaching with a cozy
I am very new to fishing and was wondering if individual here thought it would be possible to poach fish using a freezer bag and a pouch cozy. Basically get the pot up to boiiling, add fish, then ...

In Fishing » Cooking Fish - Ultralight Style
August 17, 4:40pm

POD 30
Take a look at the Pod 30 from Western mountaineering, have yet to try it in any real cold. ie 30 or below. But, have been happy with it so far. And Western Mountaineer is generally on with their...

In GEAR » Quilts for restless sleepers
August 12, 9:24pm

Lighthouse
So far I have used it in heavy rain and snow, but have not yet been exposed to high winds or heavy snow loads. I feel it will be able to do both well, but as of yet have not tested it. Snow Th...

In GEAR » Help: Single wall tent dilema
August 11, 8:42pm

Epic with a Bivy
Just to confuse things more I have in the past been advised, by feather friends staff to use epic as the shell material for the sleeping bag over quantum or other types of nylon when using Bivys. ...

In GEAR » Epic or Quantum for Down Sleeping Bag?
August 11, 8:01pm

Ushiba Alti
Richard, was all excited, as I had difficulty obtaining an Ushiba alti a year ago and had to settle on one slightly shorter that the normal lenght Ice Axe I use. I called the Pro Mountain Website....

In GEAR » Rainier gear list?
August 10, 11:25am

Lighthouse and Wind
I would also love to know at what windspeeds the lighthouse starts to suffer when fully staked out. Currently, my climbing partner always argues for more traditional, aka heavy, tents when camping ...

In GEAR » Help: Single wall tent dilema
August 08, 9:25pm

Re: Re: Link for info on Permethrin
Mike where are you from? Here in North Eastern Connecticut 2 members of my family and many of my friends who spend serious time outdoors have been treated for lyme disease. I'm sorry not a big ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pertex and Permethrin
August 01, 7:16pm

Durable shock cord for ID Event Gaiters
does any company make durable shock cord for ID Event Gaiters, spectra coated?

In GEAR » Durable shock cord for ID Event Gaiters
July 16, 8:59am

Bay Hat
I would like to add Bay Hat & Canvas Co. as I just had a really good experience exchanging a Watership Trading Company hat purchased from them at http://www.bayhat.com

In GEAR » Honest Gear Maker Hall of Fame
July 06, 12:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Jason Smith

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs and Titanium Goat Ti-Tri
This stove system has my highest recommendation. With a little user input it is pretty close to perfect. I am mainly an alcohol stove user but I have also enjoyed using the ability to use wood fires...

In Stoves - Alcohol
February 19, 7:26am

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
I love my caldera cone for my Evernew .9 pot. It is extemely stable, I don't need to worry about tipping it over. I don't need to worry about the wind. One earlier review mentioned its lac...

In Stoves - Alcohol
June 12, 2:57pm