Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Scruggs (JRScruggs) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Richard Scruggs has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Scruggs

Showing 101 - 110 of 449 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...45

Forum » Thread

Re: Baselayer hoodie???
Ibex Hooded Indie -- http://shop.ibex.com/Apparel/Mens-Long-Sleeve/M-Hooded-Indie About 1 1/2 oz heavier than the BPL hoody. REI had the Ibex Indie on sale at about $60 or s...

In GEAR » Baselayer hoodie???
January 23, 3:36pm

Re: Your Reference to Bison Fur and Wool Were Measured Using the D1909 Standard
Richard, Thanks for the clarification about wool. I'll check out articles Roger has written for more info on wool. Already found one of his articles (Lightweight gear for long-dist...

In GEAR » Need a puffy layer...
January 23, 11:34am

Re: My BPL family, an apology
Hey, Ken -- Old Farts have earned a lot of leeway to let loose, hopefully experienced by others from an upwind perspective, but a lot of leeway nevertheless. So let the curmodgeon po...

In Chaff » My BPL family, an apology
January 22, 2:27am

Re: What's your UL BOB List?
Since the criteria is "that this might be the last set of gear you ever use" -- here's an absolute essential item to include, forget about SUL: Per Amazon: "A pot that...

In Gear Lists » What's your UL BOB List?
January 22, 12:10am

Re: Re: Does down absorb humidity?
Richard -- Are you suggesting that a merino wool top might be a good (better?) alternative to down for OP's needs in cold humidity (cold high moisture)? When I read the OP's des...

In GEAR » Need a puffy layer...
January 21, 1:52am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How has the change been?
Re: "The entire neo con capitalist position is based on the assumption of a meritocracy." What in the world is a "neo con capitalist" anyway? And what's wrong...

In Chaff » How has the change been?
January 20, 2:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How has the change been?
Are you saying that Milton (and others?) also led you to believe "the rest of the population are slow witted and lazy and should be happy that they have what they do. No whining allowed."...

January 20, 12:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How has the change been?
Brian re: "We are lead to believe that CEOs are god like talents that can never earn enough and the rest of the population are slow witted and lazy and should be happy that they have what the...

January 20, 11:01am

Re: OK?
Ok, substituted "bad hair" days . . . more fitting, perhaps. This fluid approach to articles and comments makes things real interesting. Confusing, but dynamic. ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 20, 12:16am

Re: gone
Ok. Please Lord, forgive Ryan for dissin' those cottage outfits. And please Lord, forgive Chris and Ryan for dissin' those SUL folks. And finally, please, please Lord,...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 19, 11:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Scruggs

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Aloksak O.P 12.5 x 20"
They do last a looooooooooooong time when used as a map case, though. JRS

In Miscellaneous Products
August 29, 2:18pm

Base Designs 1000ml Titanium Pot
Just received one of the 1000 ml Base Designs titanium pots from ProLite. At $19 plus shipping (and shipping is free within USA if order exceeds $50), this pot appears to be a bargain for what appear...

In Cookware - Titanium
March 07, 10:50pm

Backcountrygear.com
Have had many, many on-line orders at Backcountry Gear over several years, and experienced only a single error in all those transactions when they sent the wrong color of an item. As it turned out, I...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 03, 1:52pm

National Geographic TOPO! Outdoor Recreation Mapping Software - California
Several years ago, I purchased mapping software for a few of the "regional" areas produced by National Geographic. For example, the software included the North Cascades on one disk, the Sout...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
February 06, 5:38pm