BPL Community Profile

Ike Jutkowitz (Ike) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Michigan
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks, with my first backpacking experiences on the Northville-Placid Trail. Avid fly fisherman and runner, occasional rock climber and mountain biker. Now living in Michigan which has put a damper on vertical endeavors.
My PDF Gear ListTrap Hills 3 season gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ike Jutkowitz

Showing 101 - 110 of 898 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...90

Forum » Thread

re: Mammoth Lakes
I enjoyed your trip report and pictures. What was for dinner?

In Post-Trip Reports » Mammoth Lakes to McGee Pass via Laurel Lake and Silver Pass 8/4-8/11 2013
August 23, 4:54pm

re: Trap Hills
Travis, The trap hills are gorgeous. I think they might be the hidden crown jewel of Michigan. Definitely a must see- I'm dying to get back there- bonus points for doing it in the last week of...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Trap Hills, Michigan
August 23, 4:32pm

re: iphone 5 and battery drain
Amy, I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help. I'm a map and compass guy, and everything I know about iphone usage for GPS I learned from your excellent article. I locked my sim, power...

In GEAR » Attention all who carry iPhones while backpacking: critical info RE iPhone 5
August 23, 4:25pm

re: iphone 5 and battery drain
I recently used my iphone 5 (sprint) with Gaia on a 3 day trek in Alaska. Using sim lock, my battery levels went from 95% to 78% over that 3 day period. In addition to checking my location periodic...

In GEAR » Attention all who carry iPhones while backpacking: critical info RE iPhone 5
August 22, 12:37pm

re: ul hoody
Check out the Nau M2 hoody. I often wear an ibex indie when backpacking, but the nau has a more normal (less form fitting) cut that I prefer when around other people.

In GEAR » ultralight hoody that's casual?
August 22, 12:24pm

re: Backpacking with a newborn
Taking my girls camping as babies was probably the thing that made me feel like a real parent during that challenging stage. Sharing your passion with a new life, and seeing them respond in wonder ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking with a Newborn
August 06, 12:09pm

Re: summer
My summer has been lame (all work) except for a family trip to the adirondacks. I leave next week for Alaska though- I have a pretty good solo adventure planned. Lets hook up when I get back for an...

In Post-Trip Reports » Vestal Peak and the Weminuche Wilderness
August 02, 9:34am

Re: dehydrating foods
For wet foods (stews, rice and beef, chili, etc), I like to dehydrate 3 cup portions. This ends up being about 1 1/2 cups dry, weighs about 5-6 oz, has 500-700 kcal, and rehydrates with 1 1/2 cups ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Portion sizes for home dehydrated dinners?
August 02, 9:29am

re: Vestal Peak
Awesome photos and commentary as always. Thanks Rog!

In Post-Trip Reports » Vestal Peak and the Weminuche Wilderness
August 02, 7:41am

re: ID vapor barriers
I've not found the ID vapor barrier socks to be waterproof or vapor proof. When worn as a VB inside cross country ski boots, they tend to wet out my wool oversocks with perspiration. When I'...

In GEAR » Integral Designs Vapor Barrier socks as waterproof oversocks.
July 02, 7:24am

All Reader Reviews by Ike Jutkowitz

Ike Jutkowitz has posted no reviews.