BPL Community Profile

a b (Ice-axe) - BPL Guest

My Locale a b hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me a b has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by a b

Showing 101 - 110 of 575 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...58

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Posting Problems
Sometimes a clean break is exactly what is needed. History is great as a teacher but the burning point of life, this moment right now, is what is real and most important. In other words: Go a...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Posting Problems
October 22, 9:59pm

Logout upon posting
Same here. Both the post buttons leads me to the logout page. Perhaps some work is being done to the forums at this time.

In Chaff » Logout upon posting
October 22, 7:05pm

Re: Re: christian louboutin shoes
Whats a lowbutton shoe?

In Gear Swap » FS: 0 degree quilt
October 21, 8:39am

Re: Cloud Packing Weakness
Good advice Colin. I use a similar technique as Cluod Packing but only my quilt, sleeping socks, and warm layer goes into the pack liner. I roll the pack liner closed and everything else goes in ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cloud Packing Weakness
October 21, 8:36am

Re: Re: Katharina's Hats
Bob.. the reason she never wears hats might be that no one ever gave her the "right" hat... Just sayin'

In Chaff » a gift
October 21, 12:36am

Re: Re: Gatewood Cape and Nature's Call
I used a MLD Patrol and a Bear Paw Bivy for the AT. When i had to pee I simply un zipped the side and "let 'er fly". Occasionally i hit the edge of the tarp and almost always wet my...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape vs ?
October 21, 12:33am

Katharina's Hats
"obviously I need to get her a present. She is a backpacker, but not a dyed-in-the-wool UL backpacker. As a result, she has all of her own basic gear" Speaking of "dyed in the woo...

In Chaff » a gift
October 21, 12:18am

Quick email
Already got a sound response from Tim as to the delivery date of my quilt. That is CRAZY fast even by internet standards. I say : "go ahead and order your quilt." Don't wait 2 year...

In Gear Deals » enLIGHTened equipment quilts in stock and ready to go
October 20, 11:30pm

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » TO whoever owns/runs this forum
October 20, 11:14pm

Re: looks fun!
Thankyou very much for the response. I have checked the Alpaca swap site and the few scouts on there have either been sold or no longer respond to email. I have 5 months left before day zero so I...

In Gear Swap » WTB Alpaca Scout Raft (or similar)
October 20, 7:13pm

All Reader Reviews by a b

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Bear Paw Wilderness Designs Minimalist 1 (Bug Bivy)
I used the a Bear Paw Wilderness Designs Minimalist 1 bug bivy every night of my Appalachian Trail thru hike. While there weren't many bugs flying around in mid March when I started, the fully enc...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
July 01, 9:39pm

MLD Patrol Shelter Solo Spectralite Wtih beak
The Mountain Laurel Designs Patrol shelter in translucent green Spectralight (Cuben fiber) is, by far, my favorite single piece of gear after 2180 miles and 98 days on my Appalachian Trail thru hike. ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 29, 11:30pm

Mountain Laurel Designs
Mountain Laurel Designs has proven to me that durability and light weight can co-exist in the universe. Fittingly, my first introduction to MLD occured on the Pacific Crest Trail when a fellow hiker...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 07, 1:03am

Mountain Laurel Designs Spirit Quilt 30
This is my initial review of the Mountain Laurel Designs Spirit Quilt 30 size regular. Weight as measured 19 ounces. Loft as measured 1 & 3/4 inches. I had found that I used my sleeping bag open ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
February 07, 12:18am

Mountain Laurel Designs Exodus
It was on the Pacific Crest Trail in Sept of 2009 near the end of my thru hike when I first saw another hiker(Lint) using an MLD Exodus frameless pack. Upon examining the craftsmanship of the pack, an...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 04, 2:21pm