BPL Community Profile

Ian B. (IDBLOOM) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale PNW
About Me .
My Website URLhttp://nwtrailbum.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ian B.

Showing 101 - 110 of 3294 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...330

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Cameras and the Police
"I think it needs to be understood that there's a rapidly growing disconnect between public perception of proper police action vs. what police are trained and justified to do within the la...

In Chaff » Cameras and the Police
August 27, 9:55am

Food Resupplies on the Wonderland
Figure I'd discuss these in better detail. Longmire was answered above. Apparently you have to pick up your food during business hours. I had problems at Sunrise last year. Long sto...

In Gear Lists » 2-3 day run/fastpack- help trim the fat! :)
August 27, 9:12am

Re: 35L Ultralight Pack for $30 - First Impressions
Looks like a great deal and nice option for kids as well.

In GEAR » 35L Ultralight Pack for $30 - First Impressions
August 27, 8:56am

Re: Re: Best mapping site for planning/sharing?
+1 for Caltopo. When you go to print your map, it gives you an option of saving it as a .pdf. I email that file to my wife and hiking partners. I also use it to create .gpx files for my GPS...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best mapping site for planning/sharing?
August 27, 8:47am

Re: maps
"Ian or Ed- is there a preferred map(s) for the Wonderland?" I have both the Green Trails and the Nat Geo maps. Both are fine. Only issue I've seen with the Green Trails map ...

In Gear Lists » 2-3 day run/fastpack- help trim the fat! :)
August 27, 8:42am

Re: Re: Re: New Therm-a-Rest Pads
The evolite looks like a potential winner. Of the pads available to me, including a Synmat, my prolite 3/4 is the one I always grab. If the Evolite can deliver the low weight of the prolite with ...

In GEAR » New Therm-a-Rest Pads
August 27, 8:19am

Re: Cameras and the Police
"I think the future of policing is transparency," Police Chief Mark Metdker told NBC-DFW. "Let's be as transparent as possible. We have nothing to hide." Truer words neve...

August 27, 8:10am

Re: Since bumping is rampant
And then I can drop bombs in Chaff undetected! PM me if you have a sale that needs a bump!

In Gear Swap » Bumping Not Allowed People
August 27, 7:33am

Cameras and the Police
I'm obviously pro law enforcement with the caveat, I'm pro professional law enforcement. I don't back cowboys/girls who act outside the scope of their authority, use their position to ...

August 27, 7:15am

Re: Re: Re: Never going to win
Outstanding article Jeremy. Thanks.

In Chaff » The Question of Militarism/Empire
August 27, 7:03am

All Reader Reviews by Ian B.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've made a few purchases from Lawson. His glow-wire and ti stakes are my personal favorites in their class. The price has always been fair, shipping has been free, and delivery timely. Yesterd...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 24, 10:34am

ULA Equipment
I ordered a ULA Ohm 2.0 with standard options ~ 4/2013. Chris was very quick to respond to my emails. I had originally ordered a CDT and he was quick to modify my order. Backpack arrived within a f...

June 13, 11:55am

zpacks Company
Well Z Packs continues to live up to their stellar reputation. I ordered a Hexamid Twin a few weeks ago. The posted delivery times were 5-7 weeks on their website. I suspected that spring is a hect...

May 30, 11:31pm