Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ian B. (IDBLOOM) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale PNW
About Me .
My Website URLhttp://nwtrailbum.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ian B.

Showing 101 - 110 of 3725 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...373

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Semi-commercial sleeping gear for the jungle
Dude. I wore a tutu when I climbed Mt. St. Helens. What makes you think I haven't worn fishnets? nm

In GEAR » Semi-commercial sleeping gear for the jungle
November 28, 12:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Semi-commercial sleeping gear for the jungle
Justin, Just to clarify that you with your vast jungle experience are making the following proclamation, that while 30+ seasoned infantrymen were freezing their collective asses off in the Panam...

November 28, 12:24pm

Re: Semi-commercial sleeping gear for the jungle
Uh no Justin. No it wouldn't. There's no free lunch when living in a jungle and hiking/patrolling in a monsoon. These are certainly things that people talk about on backpacking forums. ...

November 28, 10:41am

Re: Re: NW GGG
I posted a link to the precipitation trends for the Olympic National Park and July is the driest month.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Anyone up for a Western Washington UL GGG?
November 27, 9:30am

Re: any/any
More of a car camping ordeal but I suspect that some of us will break off for some day hiking.

November 27, 9:18am

Re: Geko
The Geko was awesome for my style of navigation. Sadly, mine is belly up. I'd personally go with the etrex or any of it predecessors.

In GEAR » GPS Advice - Recommendations
November 26, 6:53am

Re: Re: something new coming from Erin and Hig?
Can't wait to see the movie!

In On the Web » something new coming from Erin and Hig?
November 25, 9:21pm

Re: My CO detector
A young couple and their dog were found dead in their house this week about 15 minutes away from where I live. Preliminary reports show that it was a result of CO. I almost took a dirt nap th...

In GEAR » Don't forget gear for the house.
November 25, 12:45pm

PNW GGG
Katherine, I'll probably make a decision closer to D day as to whether or not I'll bring my two crazed monkeys with me. Monkey 1 is 14 and monkey 2 is 11. Not sure at this point. ...

November 25, 10:49am

Re: re: sleeping gear for the jungle
How many nights were you out in the Jungle? More than 100? Weeks at a time? Yes there are many if not most nights you can get away with that. There will be days where you'll pay for tha...

November 25, 10:19am

All Reader Reviews by Ian B.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've made a few purchases from Lawson. His glow-wire and ti stakes are my personal favorites in their class. The price has always been fair, shipping has been free, and delivery timely. Yesterd...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 24, 10:34am

ULA Equipment
I ordered a ULA Ohm 2.0 with standard options ~ 4/2013. Chris was very quick to respond to my emails. I had originally ordered a CDT and he was quick to modify my order. Backpack arrived within a f...

June 13, 11:55am

zpacks Company
Well Z Packs continues to live up to their stellar reputation. I ordered a Hexamid Twin a few weeks ago. The posted delivery times were 5-7 weeks on their website. I suspected that spring is a hect...

May 30, 11:31pm