BPL Community Profile

Ian B. (IDBLOOM) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale PNW
About Me .
My Website URLhttp://nwtrailbum.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ian B.

Showing 101 - 110 of 3401 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...341

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Hiker killed in bear attack in northern New Jersey
Sad story and unfortunate outcome for all involved. "Oh... I guess it doesn't matter... being human we're always in the right, eh?" Sometimes they get a stay of execution....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiker killed in bear attack in northern New Jersey
September 22, 6:05pm

Re: Re: To red lens or not to red lens, that is the question.
My daughter and I had to do some night hiking in the rain and fog. The PT Bytes we were wearing were too bright and unusable in their lowest white light setting due to the refection from the mist ...

In GEAR » Single AA battery headlamps
September 22, 5:00pm

Re: Re: Llama rescue?
"Probably just on a Buhddist spiritual quest. Oh, with two "L" s. Never mind." Now that's just plain awful! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Llama rescue?
September 22, 2:22pm

Re: Kat's Hats rock
"In my mind, this combined with the living on the edge comment above, and I figured it would guarantee that you WILL be attacked by a mountain lion. For when normal hiking isn't extreme en...

In GEAR » The Perfect Wool Hat
September 22, 1:39pm

Re: Re: Hat's Off
It was once suggested in a thread long forgotten for Kat to knit eyes on the back of her hats as Mountain Lion deterrence. She could offer a mountain lion attack guarantee. "There'...

September 22, 12:46pm

Re: Hat's Off
My head is the size of the Sputnik. Kat's hats fit me well. The only down side is that they should only be used for extreme backpacking because they are laced with testosterone or som...

September 21, 10:56pm

Re: Re: Alaska survival trip update
Buck, When you go on an adventure, you don't mess around. Outstanding!

In Chaff » Survival Trip in the "Fortress of the Bears"
September 21, 5:09pm

Re: Re: ian
While it certainly won't be my last 35mm lens for my A6000, at $27 shipped from China including e mount adapter, it was hard to say no to this option. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AWki...

In Photography » Best macro for Sony E-mount (in your opinion)
September 19, 11:07am

Re: Drilling
Sometimes a lack of response means that no one has any input. In this case, it's possible that no one has drilled into the go pro waterproof housing (if I understand the OP correctly) because ...

In Photography » Gopro hero 3+ black edition audio
September 19, 10:11am

Re: Re: Other considerations
I use "tactical" gear just about every day at work although I haven't carried a milspec ruck or assault pack since I left the military years ago. I wear a MOLLE vest when I can pry m...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight Tents.
September 19, 9:37am

All Reader Reviews by Ian B.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've made a few purchases from Lawson. His glow-wire and ti stakes are my personal favorites in their class. The price has always been fair, shipping has been free, and delivery timely. Yesterd...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 24, 10:34am

ULA Equipment
I ordered a ULA Ohm 2.0 with standard options ~ 4/2013. Chris was very quick to respond to my emails. I had originally ordered a CDT and he was quick to modify my order. Backpack arrived within a f...

June 13, 11:55am

zpacks Company
Well Z Packs continues to live up to their stellar reputation. I ordered a Hexamid Twin a few weeks ago. The posted delivery times were 5-7 weeks on their website. I suspected that spring is a hect...

May 30, 11:31pm