Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg F (GregF) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Canadian Rockies
About Me Greg F has not added a biography yet.
CityCalgary

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg F

Showing 101 - 110 of 574 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...58

Forum » Thread

Thanks for the advice
Thanks for all the tips. I will definately take the bright angel trail back up. Fitness wise I am not worried. By the end of the last few summers I have been in good enough shape to do this so...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grand Canyon -- Rim to River to Rim in August Is this Stupid
April 16, 10:17pm

Re: Re: Grand Canyon -- Rim to River to Rim in August Is this Stupid
My current idea is to Run down, on the way back up is to hike the steep sections at about a 2 mile per hour pace. Over this grade and duration I should be able to maintain that pace barring temper...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grand Canyon -- Rim to River to Rim in August Is this Stupid
April 16, 11:35am

Grand Canyon -- Rim to River to Rim in August Is this Stupid
So I will be going to the Grand Canyon South Rim in August of this year and I am thinking about hiking to the river and back in one day. And my question is IS THIS STUPID. My plan is to be on...

April 16, 10:03am

EN Rating
EN rating assumes a sufficient sleeping pad and a thin base layer. It then gives an extreme, Limit, and Comfort rating which is usually advertised as Comfort = Womens and Limit = Mens. No reputab...

In GEAR » What do temperature ratings for sleeping bags and pads actually mean?
April 14, 8:53am

Re: Med kit & Ditty bag is part of my big 3! Help!
What are the candies int the second picture? I am guessing they are cough drops of some kind which arent really needed Soap and ?? In the second bottle. If it is shampoo thats not really necce...

In GEAR » Med kit & Ditty bag is part of my big 3! Help!
April 14, 7:47am

Emissivity
No, I am saying its possible that the emmissivity of the fabric may play in a role in the anecdotal reports that cuban fiber has less condensation than Sil. I think it would be worth finding emiss...

In GEAR » Cuben = Low Condensation?
April 13, 12:04am

Re: Re: Re: Cuben = Low Condensation?
You dont need a heat source, The tarp radiates heat at its black body temperature cooling below the ambient temperature of the air. The latent heat of condensation warms the tarp until an equil...

April 12, 10:46pm

Re: Cuben = Low Condensation?
A difference in emmissivity would cause a difference in condinsation. The higher the emissivity the higher the rate of energy loss and cooling. Condesation occurs when the water vapour in the air...

April 12, 10:14pm

Re: gravity filter?
Does it work if you roll the bag rather than squeeze? John abela on hikelighter noted that by rolling he was able to avoid failure of the stock sawyer bags that failed when people squeezed too a...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Sawyer Squeeze Bag
April 12, 9:16pm

Health Care
I cant tell from the link but is the insurance company suborogating the claim and suing on the families behalf or making the family sue? Private insurers generally have a suborogation clause. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Idaho family sues USFS for $1M after tree hit son
April 12, 8:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg F

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Walmart saved my trip. I was packing up the night before I was to leave and went to grab what i thought was a full butane canister and it was empty. It was 10pm and i was leaving at 5 the next morni...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 20, 7:27pm

Mont Bell Ultra-Light Spiral Down Hugger #3 Long
I had a chance to test out my new UL Spiral down hugger #3. This is the regular version not the super stretch. It still has the diagonal baffles so it does have a little more give than an average ba...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 05, 11:33pm