BPL Community Profile

Clayton Mauritzen (GlacierRambler) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale NW Montana
About Me Clayton Mauritzen has not added a biography yet.
StateMontana
My Website URLhttp://longlinerelease.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clayton Mauritzen

Showing 101 - 110 of 830 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...83

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: cones for 1.3-2L pots for 2P esbit/alcohol cooking
I often use my Evernew 1.3L with the Caldera Cone. I like it with alcohol--the very thin Ti that Evernew produces (thinner than any other manufacturer I've seen) is very durable but also condu...

In GEAR » Does anyone use their Caldera Cone w/alcohol or esbit for 2P, and if so, what's your setup?
December 04, 9:34pm

Re: Neo-air pillow
I tried one once. If I remember correctly, it is the same height as the NeoAir. It's literally just a cut-down version of the All Season (same fabric--not sure about the insulation value).

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Neo-air pillow
December 02, 7:23pm

Re: Kudos for Zimmerbuilt
Frankly, the HMG Porter in all 150D hybrid-cuben would meet your needs better than all Dyneema X. The regular 50D is bomber stuff, and unless you're doing serious canyoneering, all 150D would ...

In GEAR » Searching for a new pack
December 02, 5:52pm

Re: Excellent
I do quite like my Rab products. The only caveat is the fit--it is a very narrow-shouldered European cut. Nothing wrong with that, except that I was genetically endowed with very broad shoulders,...

In GEAR » RAB - what's the general consensus?
December 02, 3:49pm

Re: Re: LiteTrail Titanium Solid Fuel Cook System - V3 2014
Jhaura, thanks for the response. I'll wait to see how things look for next week or so. I'm in no rush.

In Gear Deals » LiteTrail Titanium Solid Fuel Cook System - V3 2014
November 29, 4:13pm

Re: Re: Thanks John
Just a thought--I wouldn't worry about the CCF for the XTherm. The R-value is high enough you really don't need any extra insulation unless it's really cold. I've taken it down in...

In GEAR » 1/8" or 1/4" GG Thinlight pad to go under my neo-air xtherm?
November 29, 10:29am

Separates
I'd like to echo John's question. I have the original LiteTrail cook kit, and it was my go to system last year. But the new pot and windscreen are tempting. Any chance that one or both c...

In Gear Deals » LiteTrail Titanium Solid Fuel Cook System - V3 2014
November 29, 8:12am

Re: Eddie Bauer
Wait until Good Friday and see what deals come out. I got an XTherm last year from Eddie Bauer at 40% off. I sold my XLite here and came out even on the transaction.

In GEAR » Best prices on NeoAir Xlites?
November 26, 8:07pm

Duomid vs. Shangri-La 3 -- Thoughts?
As my shelter questions and criteria continue to evolve, I am considering replacing my Duomid with a Shangri-La 3. But, before I do anything drastic, I'd really like to hear some others' t...

In GEAR » Duomid vs. Shangri-La 3 -- Thoughts?
November 16, 1:51pm

Re: HMG Pockets
I haven't tried the Zimmerbuilt hipbelt pockets (but I do have the side pockets for the Porter), but I'm pretty happy with the HMG ones. They recently updated the design, so now they'r...

In GEAR » Porter Pack - HMG hip belt pockets or "after market"
November 12, 4:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Clayton Mauritzen

Clayton Mauritzen has posted no reviews.