BPL Community Profile

Franco Darioli (Franco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Melbourne
About Me Franco Darioli has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
StateVictoria
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Franco Darioli

Showing 101 - 110 of 4781 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...479

Forum » Thread

seam sealing in winter
GE give the air temperature range from 40f to 100f. I have seam sealed from about 50f to about 100f. BTW, silicone cures faster in high humidity . So on a very hot and humid day it can be a real ...

In GEAR » seam sealing in winter
January 31, 9:54pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow!
This particular DR is there because I just seam sealed it. Often I do set one up to take a photo and then put it away again, but that is OK I am well looked after by TT. More photos. This is o...

In GEAR » TarpTent Double Rainbow!
January 30, 6:22pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow!
Dan, this is why you need a DR.. (or you can just undo a few mitten hooks, detach the inner and turn it inside out. works well when the fly is wet or raining outside) Josh Cold cold is good ;...

January 30, 3:51pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow!
Josh your problem is that your temps are too low. Move somewhere a bit warmer...

January 30, 3:19pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow
For frozen in the ground stakes, give them a nudge with your boot before pulling.... This is for Dan Durston : and that is about how to shake the dirt out of a DR in the morning. For this ...

January 30, 2:14pm

New REI Quarter Dome Tents
I agree about the first part of the post till the "semi freestanding bit" 1) fewer stakes. looks to me that the Dash needs a minimum of 5 stakes to work but, realistically, I would ex...

In GEAR » New REI Quarter Dome Tents
January 29, 9:50pm

What is this?
That is of course what I did. (thinking about it no I did not do that, I just googled woodpeckers holes...) There were some closer matches but many had rectangular holes and none were as elaborat...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What is this?
January 28, 4:37pm

Replies to Gear section thread "Gear Swap Practices
"Unfortunately the 75% of the posts on Gear Swap are Gear Scams, overpriced with no value add" So about 75% of the buyers there are suckers. Or do you mean that because the price is not...

In Chaff » Replies to Gear section thread "Gear Swap Practices"
January 28, 3:07pm

What is this?
Possibly this one : pileated woodpecker

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What is this?
January 28, 2:20pm

Pitching a pyramid tent
Hi Nick, small world... now that you mention it, I do remember seeing that and some of your other shots before, the main reason for stealing yours was because it was a close match to the one from...

In Philosophy & Technique » Pitching a pyramid tent
January 27, 9:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Franco Darioli

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Tarptent Contrail
My rating is based on what this shelter was designed for, and not to be understood as part of the "best tent ever, for anybody ,anywhere" award. Most of the good points have already been co...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
November 07, 4:48pm