BPL Community Profile

Alex Wallace (FeetFirst) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Simple really; I enjoy getting lost in my local mountains and that's it. This site passes the time when I find my way back to the fluorescent lights, ugh. If you would like detailed, up-to-date information about the conditions in the Sierra, check out the true authority at: http://www.highsierratopix.com/
CityWest Sacramento
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://picasaweb.google.com/awallace1980

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Alex Wallace

Showing 101 - 110 of 311 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...32

Forum » Thread

Re: CiloGear or Cold Cold World packs for hiking
For the past two years I've mostly used a Cilogear 45 liter Worksack, the standard fabric (Dimension Polyant VX21/VX42) pack not the holycow-is-that-badarse W/NWD Dyneema, and generally like it...

In GEAR » CiloGear or Cold Cold World packs for hiking
October 23, 11:54am

Thanks!
Well done, sir. I'm off to explore right now. FYI - I've been using gmap4 for the past year or two for most of my pre-trip planning. This appears to be a great addition. Thanks again.

In Pre-Trip Planning » New online national forest maps, trail mileages, road info
October 20, 11:18pm

wow, thanks!
Thank you for such an enjoyable read and of course the wonderful captures of such awe and beauty. I truly appreciate it.

In Post-Trip Reports » Haekel Col-Ampitheater Lake-Sawmill Pass 9/16-24
October 20, 10:52pm

fits my needs
I'm really impressed with the TT Moment DW. At first I was torn with finding something that weighed less, but then realized that when mosquitoes aren't a problem I can leave the mesh inner ...

In GEAR » Tent options besides Nemo Obi Elite and Big Agnes Fly Creek Platnum Model?
October 18, 11:26am

GoLite?
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a new Shangri-La 3 tent directly from the GoLite website ($249.99) and wondered if anyone knows of an applicable discount they'd be willing to share...

In Gear Deals » GoLite?
October 14, 3:08pm

replacement?
What are you going to replace the Jetboil with? Maybe you can give the soon to be released Primus Eta Lite PCS a try.

In GEAR » Bad experience with Jetboil
October 09, 11:04am

wind
Interesting. I've had good luck with the Moment, and now Moment DW, in wind, but I've never had to deal with sustained strong winds like that. I've definitely had gusts that grabbed my ...

In GEAR » TT Moment in moderate wind
October 04, 1:37pm

Re: ice pics.... but
@Bill, The correct word is nice, not "ice." Unless, of course, you were implying that Mangus's "pics" are cool, like ice. Nice pictures, Magnus. Thank you for sharing.

In Post-Trip Reports » A weekend with Ediza
October 02, 6:21pm

Re: Re: The Road Froma Karakol
Dempster is hilarious! I can't get enough of this guy.

In On the Web » The Road From Karakol
September 27, 1:49pm

Re: Moment DW solid liner
Thanks, Franco. Now I wonder if I should grab the carbon version...

In GEAR » Moment DW solid liner
September 27, 12:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Alex Wallace

Alex Wallace has posted no reviews.