Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Einstein X (EinsteinX) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale The Netherlands
About Me Started hiking somewhere around Y2K, with a 50 pound pack, incl. food, water and fuel.
That dropped down to ~37 pounds incl. f, w & f, which wasn't that bad concidering traditional gear and food for ten days!
Than the UL bug bit me and my gear weight dropped and dropped to a baseweight of ~10 pounds for my Scotland-16-day-Solo.
Going solo for 3 days two nights max, baseweight is down to 4lbs2; Going solo for longer baseweight is down to 8lbs2.
CountryThe Netherlands
My PDF Gear ListGear list TGO Challenge 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Einstein X

Showing 101 - 110 of 345 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...35

Forum » Thread

GPS no compass?
Hi, Over on another forum I posted my idea of hiking on a GPS (with map) and a 1:100k scale maps and leaving the compass and the detailed 1:50k map at home. Unfortunately people over there were ...

In Philosophy & Technique » GPS no compass?
November 26, 12:17pm

Re: TMB Trip Report
>>Hope you can wait that long!<< I'll try ;) Eins

In Post-Trip Reports » Chamonix
November 26, 10:51am

Re: re bread & cheese
Haven't been on BPL for a while. Did I miss an after trip report concerning the gear and did I miss the trip report? If so where are they? if not will they come? I'd be very interested t...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Gear for Long Distance Hiking: Four Months in Europe
November 25, 2:12pm

Re: Tour du Mont Blanc Finished
>>Also walking about in bigger towns with hiking tights and tight fitting undershirt made for some funny looks, so I bought a pair of regular lightweight pants to fit in a bit better.<<...

In Post-Trip Reports » Chamonix
November 25, 1:48pm

Re: Heal slop is the bane of my sock pile
James, why do you want a boot? Many people on these fora hike in low cut shoes very succesfully. In fact, after going to lightweight low shoes I wouldn't go back. Ankle support comes from stren...

In GEAR » Boot Sizing
November 25, 1:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Boot Sizing
Hey Roger, I re-read you first post, but I think it's not clear that you agreed with me, but I'm glad you are and clearified your point. To give people an idea of proper hiking size: I n...

In GEAR » Boot Sizing
November 25, 2:23am

Re: Re: Flat Tarp
>>I usually only set up A-frame when I expect rain - other then that, it's typically in a lean to config.<< That's funny, I usually pitch a lean-to when I expect rain. Eins

In GEAR » Tarp Question??
November 25, 2:13am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Does gortex act as a vapor barrier...
>>actually, I would just exspect that condensation would take place.<< Good point. But won't that take us back to the start? Water vapour now turns into liquid water and can now ...

In GEAR » Does gortex act as a vapor barrier...
November 24, 12:43pm

Re: Tarp Question??
Rectangular

In GEAR » Tarp Question??
November 24, 12:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Does gortex act as a vapor barrier...
>>Even if the RH on the outside is 100% there can still be a vapourpressure gradient if the temperature gradient is high enough.<< Woubier, this might be true. There will always be a...

In GEAR » Does gortex act as a vapor barrier...
November 23, 2:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Einstein X

Einstein X has posted no reviews.