BPL Community Profile

Simon Wurster (Einstein) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Big Apple
About Me Simon Wurster has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListSummer 2010 Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Simon Wurster

Showing 101 - 110 of 255 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...26

Forum » Thread

Supermarket Cantene
I've been scanning the supermarket shelves for a light, foldable/rollable, wide-mouth bottle to reuse, similar to a Platy or Cantene, and found these. For $5.50 (on sale from $7), you get a 1L ...

In GEAR » Supermarket Cantene
July 21, 8:35pm

Re: Neck Knife Conundrum
You may also consider the new KA-BAR BK14 BRAT, a cross between the Izula and the Becker Necker. Here's a picture and some info from Doug Ritter's site (scroll down to KA-BAR): Becker BK14 ...

In GEAR » Neck Knife Conundrum
July 13, 4:49pm

Re: Pillow woes
I've tried almost as many combinations as you, with similar results. This is what works for me as a side sleeper: A foundation using a Thermarest Seat, 3 oz. A REI Travel Pillow on top, 4.9...

In GEAR » Pillow woes
July 01, 11:11am

Re: Boiling 8 oz. 2X vs. 16 oz. 1X
Good discussion. I ran some tests. Before I go into the results, I spoke to a mechanical engineer, and his feeling was that as long as the surface area and energy was the same, the difference b...

In Philosophy & Technique » Boiling 8 oz. 2X vs. 16 oz. 1X
June 28, 5:16pm

Re: Time for an UL Pack?
Thanks for all the advice everyone, much appreciated.

In GEAR » Time for an UL Pack?
June 23, 8:59pm

Time for an UL Pack?
Been tweaking my summer list, got the base weight down to a hair under 15 lbs. (from 18, I think). I then noticed that 3 lbs. 2 oz. of that is my Gregory Z Pack! So swapping that for a nifty UL...

In GEAR » Time for an UL Pack?
June 23, 11:16am

Re: boil times..
I guess the question "boils down" to this: are alcohol stoves typically optimized for 16 oz, and is the efficiency (with less volume) and inefficiency (with more volume) linear from this ...

June 20, 1:59pm

Boiling 8 oz. 2X vs. 16 oz. 1X
Assuming alcohol stove, 14-16 oz boiling water for meals, same vol. for hot beverage (using separate larger cup). Boil 8 oz, pour out, refill, boil next 8 oz. Assume 16 oz pot and 8 oz pot are the ...

June 20, 11:38am

Re: Bugs
"Does anyone make a side entry bug shelter? (apart from the MLD Mid designs)" Not that lightweight, but the Integral Designs Bugabivy has a right-side zipper. Packed at about 16 oz, bu...

In GEAR » Have a tarp. Now what about the bugs?
June 19, 7:37am

Re: Ultra light flashlights
I bought the Mongoose on sale on a whim. Detached from that gnarly, magnetic, flexible attachment, the head weighs 1 oz. on my scale. I like the idea of separate colored LEDs instead of colored...

In GEAR » Ultra light flashlights
June 06, 12:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Simon Wurster

Simon Wurster has posted no reviews.