Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Simon Wurster (Einstein) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Big Apple
About Me Simon Wurster has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListSummer 2010 Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Simon Wurster

Showing 101 - 110 of 259 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...26

Forum » Thread

Re: Light weight gear What a laugh!!! NOT!!!
Soon you'll be selling everything that's more than 1 lb and made from heavy-guage titanium, and moving on to cuben and carbon fiber, and maybe replacing some down with some sweet synthetics...

In GEAR » Light weight gear What a laugh!!! NOT!!!
October 01, 11:24am

Re: Hand Sanitizers: My Journey Towards Discovering Best Practices for Wilderness Hygiene
"just like our grandparents did" Ever watch your grandparents wash their hands? It was if they were scrubbing in on surgery. The 21st century quick wet-soap-lather-rinse ain't gonna d...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hand Sanitizers: My Journey Towards Discovering Best Practices for Wilderness Hygiene
September 07, 12:46pm

Re: Considering Alcohol-free Hand Sanitizer
OK, it's been over a year since I started this thread, and I have some updates. First, I still use BAC product for trail and home use, but now use the Office Max "Smart & Silky"...

In GEAR » Considering Alcohol-free Hand Sanitizer
July 23, 2:54pm

Re: Next REI 20% Sale
Also, sign up for backcountrystore.com newsletter. Labor Day weekend might be one of those times they send a coupon code for 20% off everything (not just one item).

In GEAR » Next REI 20% Sale
July 22, 10:50am

Supermarket Cantene
I've been scanning the supermarket shelves for a light, foldable/rollable, wide-mouth bottle to reuse, similar to a Platy or Cantene, and found these. For $5.50 (on sale from $7), you get a 1L ...

In GEAR » Supermarket Cantene
July 21, 8:35pm

Re: Neck Knife Conundrum
You may also consider the new KA-BAR BK14 BRAT, a cross between the Izula and the Becker Necker. Here's a picture and some info from Doug Ritter's site (scroll down to KA-BAR): Becker BK14 ...

In GEAR » Neck Knife Conundrum
July 13, 4:49pm

Re: Pillow woes
I've tried almost as many combinations as you, with similar results. This is what works for me as a side sleeper: A foundation using a Thermarest Seat, 3 oz. A REI Travel Pillow on top, 4.9...

In GEAR » Pillow woes
July 01, 11:11am

Re: Boiling 8 oz. 2X vs. 16 oz. 1X
Good discussion. I ran some tests. Before I go into the results, I spoke to a mechanical engineer, and his feeling was that as long as the surface area and energy was the same, the difference b...

In Philosophy & Technique » Boiling 8 oz. 2X vs. 16 oz. 1X
June 28, 5:16pm

Re: Time for an UL Pack?
Thanks for all the advice everyone, much appreciated.

In GEAR » Time for an UL Pack?
June 23, 8:59pm

Time for an UL Pack?
Been tweaking my summer list, got the base weight down to a hair under 15 lbs. (from 18, I think). I then noticed that 3 lbs. 2 oz. of that is my Gregory Z Pack! So swapping that for a nifty UL...

In GEAR » Time for an UL Pack?
June 23, 11:16am

All Reader Reviews by Simon Wurster

Simon Wurster has posted no reviews.