BPL Community Profile

Dondo . (Dondo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me Dondo . has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://dondo1.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dondo .

Showing 101 - 110 of 1047 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...105

Forum » Thread

Re: Not a trip, but a few pictures from my daily hikes and runs this week.
Mt. Galbraith

In Photo Gallery » Not a trip, but a few pictures from my daily hikes this week.
March 13, 10:32pm

Re: HDR In-Camera Options
I'm also curious how many of you take multiple exposures and then process the results in software later. When there is no other way to get a shot, I'll take several exposures with my cam...

In Photography » HDR In-Camera Options
March 12, 7:46am

Re: REI
Glad you were able to snag one, Michael. I'm still trying to decide. My ten-year-old Vapor Trail looks like hell but still carries great.

In GEAR » Granite Gear Crown V.C. 60 Arrived!
March 11, 7:28pm

Re: summerlite
Hi eric, it's good to know that WM bags are now being en-rated. Can you point me to a chart? Thanks.

In GEAR » Is there a better deal than this?
March 11, 1:24pm

Re: REI
Any idea if REI will carry this pack? I have a gift card. Michael, I called REI HQ last week and they told me they had a handful in the system, something like 3 medium and 2 large. They will shi...

In GEAR » Granite Gear Crown V.C. 60 Arrived!
March 10, 6:45pm

Re: How you look when you go backpacking...

In Philosophy & Technique » How you look when you go backpacking...
March 08, 10:18pm

Re: Re: Wind v Snow resistance w/r/t Mids
Great post, Dustin. A lot to think about in there. Another variable to consider is the friction forces between the fabric of your shelter and the type of snow you typically get in your area. Here i...

In GEAR » Wind v Snow resistance w/r/t Mids
March 08, 9:54pm

WTB: Golite Shangri-La 2
Looking for a fly that's clean and in good condition. Green preferred, but yellow would be fine. Please PM me. Found one. Thanks to the seller and everyone who responded.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Golite Shangri-La 2
March 07, 6:21pm

Re: Sleeping bag condensation w/ Pictures
Travis, same thing happens to me in similar temperatures whether my bag is down or synthetic. If the sun never comes out, synthetic can buy you a couple of days. Years ago, I used a vbl bag but qu...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sleeping bag condensation w/ Pictures
March 05, 7:52pm

Re: SL2
Thanks for rubbing it in, Randy. :-D I've been working too much and playing too little. Last overnighter was back in September. Itching to get out again with my SL2. A couple years ago I bou...

In GEAR » Golite flys and nests no longer available separately
March 01, 6:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Dondo .

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell U.L.AlpineBurrow Bag #3 Long
Nice review, Mitchell. After our discussion here about this bag back in April, I had a serious hankering after this bag. I really had no need of another bag and managed to resist until the Memorial ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 8:38pm

Rocky Rocky GTX Socks
Mine fit well. Size 10 slips right over a thin pair of wool socks and my size 9.5 feet. They are comfortable inside my trail runners and do what they claim to do--keep my feet warm and dry in wet, col...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 27, 8:01pm

Pacer Poles
Here's something I just posted at the Editor's Roundtable forum. It occured to me that it belongs here as well. Heather, here's something I posted on the TLB general discussion forum a...

In Trekking Poles
December 12, 8:28pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
This is the book I recommend to friends and folks I meet on the trail who are interested in going lighter. It's fun, unpretentious, and lays out the basic ideas in ways that are easy to understand. Do...

In Books and Media
November 23, 8:15am

Eastern Mountain Sports
Craig, good news. The last EMS store in Colorado closed a few months ago so no more tax for you. It was two miles away from my home in Denver and I miss it but I'll admit that I took full advantage o...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 21, 9:20pm