BPL Community Profile

Joseph R (Dianoda) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Chicago, IL
About Me After lugging around 45lbs+ through a Nat'l Park or two, I decided UL was the way to go and haven't looked back. URL is to my Geargrams list for most of my 3-season trips. My other hobby is photography, if the destination is worth it, then add 1 to 7lbs to my base weight for camera gear. In case you were curious, my profile avatar image is Buck (aka 9 mile) Creek of the High Sierra Trail in Seki NP.
CityChicago
StateIllinois
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.geargrams.com/list?id=3859

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joseph R

Showing 101 - 110 of 271 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...28

Forum » Thread

Re: Success and Failure on the Colorado Trail
Thanks for the trip report, Luke. Great pictures, too - looks like I need to add another trail to my list.

In Editor's Roundtable » Success and Failure on the Colorado Trail
May 08, 1:24pm

Re: Re: Westcomb SHIFT NeoShell Hoody - 11 ounces (claimed)
Yep, there's likely hope for a neoshell jacket under 10oz, as Westcomb has a tendency to stop a few steps short of pure minimalism. I would look at a few aspects of the Shift's design to...

In GEAR » Westcomb SHIFT NeoShell Hoody - 11 ounces (claimed)
May 06, 10:42pm

Re: JetBoil Lid: lighter replacement
Ha, and if you punch enough holes in the cream cheese lid it will weigh just 4g. Honestly, I just want to say thanks for the tip, 18g vs 5g is a worthwhile hack as it's basically free to do and...

In GEAR » JetBoil Sol Hacks
May 06, 9:50pm

Re: Lightest 10 day stove
A stripped jetboil sol ti (burner and pot) plus 100g jetboil all-season fuel canister weighs 413g, and as the canisters actually contain a bit more fuel than advertised (199g full vs. 89g empty), t...

In GEAR » Lightest 10 day stove
May 06, 3:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Used TSS Quilt, 13.5oz, 30deg"
Hi Javan, The quilt arrived today and looks great. Sizing seems perfect, almost feels like it was custom made just for me :) I still need to take it out for a test run, but I have a feeling my...

In Gear Swap » Used TSS Quilt, 13.5oz, 30deg
May 05, 1:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Merino Ninja Suits!
Meant to edit my earlier post and double posted instead... oops

In Gear Deals » Department of Goods take everything to 50% off. ($250 MSR Carbon reflex 2)
May 04, 1:59pm

Re: Re: Merino Ninja Suits!
Yeah, I wasn't sure about fit so I ordered 4 total - the stoic merino 1-z suit in small/med, and the airblaster suit in small/medium as well. Apparently airblaster also manufactures the stoic v...

In Gear Deals » Department of Goods take everything to 50% off. ($250 MSR Carbon reflex 2)
May 04, 1:50pm

Merino Ninja Suits!
OMG! Guys! Merino ninja suits! http://www.departmentofgoods.com/airblaster-merino-wool-ninja-suit-mens It would go almost too perfectly with the LuxuryLite Big Survival Stik I have on order (...

May 04, 1:16pm

Re: Big Agnes Helinox Adjustable Trekking Poles 10-12oz for $50 shipped
I was curious and also looking for a pair of adjustable poles so I picked up a pair of the 120cm's. They weighed in at almost exactly 10oz (without the rubber caps), but I wanted to see how lig...

In Gear Deals » Big Agnes Helinox Adjustable Trekking Poles 10-12oz for $50 shipped
May 03, 10:55pm

Re: Department of Goods take everything to 50% off. ($250 MSR Carbon reflex 2)
Thanks for the sale notice. I ordered a pair of New Balance WT20 Minimus trail runners to give to my little sister for her birthday - hopefully the next step is getting her out on the trail!

May 02, 1:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Joseph R

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Rab Xenon Jacket
The Rab Xenon (Spring '11) is a lightweight, well-featured synthetic insulation puffy jacket - my men's medium comes in at just under 10.4oz (294.3g - this is unmodified weight less retail tag...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
September 29, 2:55pm

Western Mountaineering Ultralight Super
Love it. I use a silk liner and wear a 200 weight merino beanie to sleep almost regardless of temperature to help keep the bag clean. Additionally, with said liner and beanie plus lightweight basela...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 16, 1:07am

Rab Infinity Down Jacket
Update 3/15/2012: I found a great deal on this jacket and took the plunge once again, this time for keeps, and have also revised my score from a 4 to 5. Why the change of heart? Well, a lot can ch...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
March 28, 4:31pm