BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 101 - 110 of 492 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...50

Forum » Thread

Re: Cheap gear upgrade advice!
Suggestions, for what they're worth: Backpack. GoLite is running a 15% off sale right now that would put their Quest (framed) or Jam (frameless) packs right around $100 in the volume she...

In GEAR » Cheap gear upgrade advice!
May 21, 9:09am

Familiar territory
Try starting with a hike you've done before. Familiar territory or trail will take the edge off of the "unknown".

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help me go Solo!
May 21, 8:36am

Re: Thanks sumi and eric
Just to clarify, we had issues with the headroom, which is a function of width, not length. The sides on a ridgeline (A-frame) design are sloped and, for two people to be comfortable side-by-side,...

In Make Your Own Gear » Feedpack on my 2 man cuben tent design
May 13, 12:53pm

Re: MSR Miniworks filters very slow
Call MSR. Miniworks is big and slow but not *that* slow and usually pretty easy to field-service. Something's not right. I had a problem with an old Sweetwater, called MSR and their customer...

In GEAR » MSR Miniworks filters very slow
May 06, 2:46pm

Re: need trail runners for very rocky/talus/scree conditions
Have to tried the Montrail Bajadas? I hesitated responding to this because, while I loved the shoe, I did manage to break my ankle in them earlier this month in the Grand Canyon on exactly the k...

In GEAR » need trail runners for very rocky/talus/scree conditions
May 05, 11:25pm

Re: Feedback on my 2 man cuben tent design
The dimensions of your design are very close to a basic 2-person silnylon tarp I made using Henry Shire's DIY original tarptent directions (www.tarptent.com/projects/tarpdesign.html). I've...

In Make Your Own Gear » Feedpack on my 2 man cuben tent design
May 05, 11:00pm

Re: UL shovel mandatory?
Might help if you identify what "campfire permit" you're referring to.

In GEAR » UL shovel mandatory?
May 04, 7:18am

Re: Health Care
>> one of the consequences is that when situations lie this occur insuance companies require law suits to recoop their costs +1 I broke an ankle while on a friend's boat and my insu...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Idaho family sues USFS for $1M after tree hit son
May 03, 10:34am

Re: Favorite wide pot?
1L UL hard anodized pot from the Trangia 25-series. Good price (though sometimes tough to find) but no lid (made one from a cheap pie tin.) 2L and 0.75L hard anodized set with lids from Four Dog...

In GEAR » Favorite wide pot?
May 01, 11:57am

Re: Re: The weight "cost" of an expensive iPad?
@Josh... what an interesting attitude. But if you're able to backpack with your iPad day in and day out in just a freezer bag without ever damaging it then my hat's off to you. I basicall...

In GEAR » ipad
April 19, 12:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.